Why become a member? ×

power amp housing

TGEvans

hey all.bit of a problem. used to keep my yamaha p7000 amp in a wood and metal 6 unit flightcase.have decided now to put it in an abs case due to portability. a few people have told me that thes amps are difficult to house in abs cases due to the amp being too deep.anyone know anything about this?thanks,tim

Your P7000 is the same size as my P5000 that I had, and will fit nicely into a standard depth ABS case. I used a Stagg one, a Gator one and another 'non brand' one with no issues what so ever.

If you're in any doubt, measure the length of the amp from the ears to the back and then measure a rack case to make sure is is longer. The P series come with rear mounting ears, that you may decide to remove for use in an ABS case. Don't buy a 'shallow' rack case by mistake!

Incidently, my Powersoft 1u poweramp is very deep and overhangs the back of my rack, but there is still plenty of room to get the lids on safely.