Human Gear Animato Distortion,
Akai Deep Impact bass synth,
DigiTech Synth Wah,
Boss OC-2 Octave
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive
Line 6 POD

Edited by Adee

Sorry to disappoint you all but it's a Roland JP8000 synth backing track which Chris then plays over the top of (clean).

You can get a similar sound using an MXR Blowtorch or fuzz/Deep Impact combination (drive the SB-1 input on the 1 preset :) ) but since the sound isn't made by pedals you won't ever get it perfect.

[quote name='zaney' post='46850' date='Aug 17 2007, 02:06 PM']Hey thanks for the info. It's great to know what he uses.
However, I don't have that type of equipment and not too bothered about getting it exact; just a sound that will work. I only have a cheap pod fx unit.
Any ideas?[/quote]

Well I got a decent sound by just using a Big Muff through a Trace Elliot combo last time I played it live. As I said before though, if you want something quite close you'll probably want to invest in a synth pedal as well. And possibly a line selector.

[quote name='Muppet' post='48046' date='Aug 20 2007, 10:47 PM']We need a sticky for Muse sounds.[/quote]

It's very true :)

I think people need to know that it's either i) a synth or ii) a couple of pedals which will collectively set you back about 500 quid. It's the easiest way :huh:

Edited by Muse_Cubed

I have since found out he plays clean bass over programmed Juno synth. Have messed around with a zoom bass fx and got the sound but when whacking up the volume to play in a live situation found it was at the cost of losing the bottom end of the bass sound. So it sounded weak on the chorus and middle 8.

[quote name='zaney' post='48265' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:45 PM']I have since found out he plays clean bass over programmed Juno synth. Have messed around with a zoom bass fx and got the sound but when whacking up the volume to play in a live situation found it was at the cost of losing the bottom end of the bass sound. So it sounded weak on the chorus and middle 8.[/quote]

No you didn't, I told you ^^

:)

Give credit where it's due, biznatch.

[quote name='zaney' post='48265' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:45 PM']I have since found out he plays clean bass over programmed Juno synth. Have messed around with a zoom bass fx and got the sound but when whacking up the volume to play in a live situation found it was at the cost of losing the bottom end of the bass sound. So it sounded weak on the chorus and middle 8.[/quote]

No, he doesn't use a Juno. Sorry.