Why become a member? ×

Freeport Antenna Missing

King Tut

OK - so I lost the screw in antenna from my freeport belt pack - it's a little screw in jobby. I got in touch with Sennheiser who helpfully gave me the number of their spares department, and the item number.

The spares department told me they couldn't sell me the part as i don't have an account - I'd have to go through the retailer. Got in touch with Sound Control, who told me....quote......"It was more trouble than it was worth to order spares" - couldn't believe that so I gave them a piece of my mind. They referred me to Turnkey.

Turnkey referred me back to Sound Control. although I never mentioned I'd bought the product from them. They also recommended a company Cimple Solutions. Simple Solutions have been very professional and helpful, however.............

...........I received a quote for the part today at just over £26 inc postage. Now I don't want to seem like a real breadhead - but that sounds like a huge con for a tiny screw in antenna.

So my question is................Could I bodge it and just wedge a small length of wire in the hole. Ironically, the transmitter still works without the antenna, although it's range is reduced.

Any ideas?