Why become a member? ×

Powered Mixer Help

Timface

Right I have a dilema.... My Band has a gig to play soon and we have just bought a Behringer PMP5000 mixer and are connecting it to a pair of Mackie C300s.. just to run the vocals though at first.

Now this works fine, BUT this gig that we're playing we need to use are mixer to get the levels of the drums, I guitar amp, Bass amp and 1 vocal line. so then one straight cable can go to the FOH all ready leveled out......BUT we want to use are C300s as monitors at this event this will require a power amp, which is fine BUT there will be no main speaker outputs coming out of are mixer as the C300s that were there are now coming out of the monitor input ... will this hurt the mixer? or is there away around it?

TIM

a quick look on behringer site says..... [quote]It’s jam-packed with everything you need for the most demanding sound reinforcement gigs like a 2 x 400-Watt amplifier to drive your FOH and/or monitor speakers.[/quote]

The above suggests that you don't need an extra power amp for the monitors as you can use the power amp in the mixer to drive the monitors, no harm will come of it.
max

I would agree with that. looking at the PMP5000, why not feed the FOH using monitor mix section? you can set the levels for FOH with the mon. mix 1 say then use the main outs as you have before to feed your C300's as "foldback" for the band.
so in summary; knobs for the FOH and sliders for the band?
this gives you two seperate mixes to play with.
Someone can correct me if this is way off!

[quote name='Timface' post='47082' date='Aug 18 2007, 10:11 AM']I am a blonde[/quote]

ahh!

In the example above by tinyviking, tell the foh man to take his feed from the monitor one out socket and set the levels you want to come out the main pa with the monitor one knobs. Set the main mix faders as you want for on stage and connect to the C300's and then point them at the stage.

I'm also reasonably sure that you can send power to the monitor either with a switch or a patch lead (mon out to power amp in) then connect the c300's to speakers out. Then get pa guy to connect to main mix [i]line out[/i].

Anyway, either would work - sorry if too simple!
max

err ok, i kinda get that but if the main faders are controlling whats heard on stage through the c300s then the line out... will only be sending what we are hearing through the c300s wont it?

I think im making this to complicated.... Rite if we can connect the c300s through the monitor out put by as you say linking mon out to power in. then we can control what channels we what to hear by the knob setting on each channel and then if we use the main mix out.. or id it line out the the FOH man we can control the levels for that by using the faders??? am i getting it?