Why become a member? ×

Lakland Joe Osbourn vs. Fender Jazz

NancyJohnson

Quick question.

If anyone on the group has a Lakland Joe Osbourn, could they let me know whether the control plate is the same as that of a Fender Jazz please...shape, screw holes etc.

I've seen a couple of these on a similar group across the point and while I'm still thinking hard about getting a Geddy Lee, the JO is also a distinct possibility too, but I'd like to convert the JO to a stack-knob configuration and it would be easier to buy an off-the-shelf bell plate for this purpose.

Cheers
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='47478' date='Aug 19 2007, 07:44 PM']Quick question.

If anyone on the group has a Lakland Joe Osbourn, could they let me know whether the control plate is the same as that of a Fender Jazz please...shape, screw holes etc.

I've seen a couple of these on a similar group across the point and while I'm still thinking hard about getting a Geddy Lee, the JO is also a distinct possibility too, but I'd like to convert the JO to a stack-knob configuration and it would be easier to buy an off-the-shelf bell plate for this purpose.

Cheers
P[/quote]

JO is exactly the same as the Fender Jazz. USA Lakland JOs have the option of a stack-pot controls.

It's the Daryl Jones that has a different plate in that it is slightly curved.

FWIW I've just built a stack-knob set-up from imported components for a Fender Jazz.

Err - I've just fitted a MIM control plate to my JO and it isn't an exact match (close, but where the plate meets the pickguard there is a slight difference). However - the fender plate replaced a factory fit J-retro, so maybe the factory fit standard plate is the same as a fender...