Why become a member? ×

Sale of Basschat.co.uk (April Fools!! :P)

Kiwi

[quote name='elom' post='452039' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:57 PM']Okay so I guess I was being too subtle. For those who didn't get it, do you just assume that I randomly post pictures of fish? :)

Still at least it didn't burst the bubble for a while.[/quote]
Poisson d'Avril...
French for April Fools...

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='452081' date='Apr 1 2009, 11:48 PM']Well if its any consolation to anyone who still doesn't quite see the funny side of it, I was caught out in a major way myself this morning by a close friend. I fell for it mainly because I didn't think they knew about April Fools and served me up my worst nightmare on a plate! :) Just goes to show eh?[/quote]

:rolleyes:

CK,

Not the "I hope you like the patter of tiny feet" talk eh....?

Bob.....

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='450994' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:02 AM']Ped and I have been approached by a well known bass publication and have recieved a cash offer plus a percentage on advertising in return for signing over the forum database and Basschat brand. We've thought long and hard about it and decided that with the personal attacks we've both had to put up with in the past and the limited funding we get from the site, its probably for the best.

So from May 1st, Basschat will have new owners. The advertising and direct marketing will probably increase quite a bit but, simply put, the forum has to pay its way. Essentially you'll all see Basschat transformed from a voluntary effort to a grounded business. We'll be keeping the same moderating team and staying on as advisors for a few months but after that it will be up to the new owners.

We'd like to thank you all for your support and contributions over the years and hope the forum continues to grow and improve.[/quote]

Good rouse chaps unfortunately like many I read threads backwards and never know what day it is anyway.... :)

Kiwi and Ped you are a pair of Svinehunts!!! love ya!!!
ive just read this thread after the fact and fell hook line and sinker, DOH!!!! I must say , i joined this site 15 months ago and i have spent nearly every single day on it , it has become a part of my day that i look forward to in these troubled times, there are some top people on here with a great deal of knowledge and experience, and you guys dont get bored talking about basses!!!
so very glad that was a wind up after all, got a bit worried for a mo!! here,s to basschat and the place we all make it.
Cheers everybody - lee :)

[quote name='lee650' post='453679' date='Apr 3 2009, 09:02 PM']Kiwi and Ped you are a pair of Svinehunts!!! love ya!!!
ive just read this thread after the fact and fell hook line and sinker, DOH!!!! I must say , i joined this site 15 months ago and i have spent nearly every single day on it , it has become a part of my day that i look forward to in these troubled times, there are some top people on here with a great deal of knowledge and experience, and you guys dont get bored talking about basses!!!
so very glad that was a wind up after all, got a bit worried for a mo!! here,s to basschat and the place we all make it.
Cheers everybody - lee :)[/quote]

+ everything

[quote name='lee650' post='453679' date='Apr 3 2009, 09:02 PM']Kiwi and Ped you are a pair of Svinehunts!!! love ya!!!
Cheers everybody - lee :)[/quote]
Yep, got to admit, it got me too :rolleyes: DOH!

I saw it, and I was gutted. I started imagining all things corporate......membership fees, mass advertising, loss of free speech (ahem), etc. etc. etc.

I'd found a site I really, really enjoy. Like Lee said, loads of top people on here (alright Lee mate :D) and I thought all that was going down the pan.

So well done guys, you had me hook, line and sinker too.

[quote name='steve' post='451016' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:30 AM']I share your concerns.

I was saying to one of my guitarists on sunday eve how us UK (and beyond) bass players have this forum, and as far as I'm aware, other musos don't have anything of anywhere near the same standard, with such a great sense of community and cameraderie. I hope these two qualities survive the transition. I don't know of anywhere else on the web that has such soul.[/quote]

You've probably not been on drummerworld then.

This is a real shame, yeah i think we really have too many threads on here where the arguing just gets out of hand. It's a shame it has to be like this but there y'go.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='453941' date='Apr 4 2009, 11:09 AM']This is a real shame, yeah i think we really have too many threads on here where the arguing just gets out of hand. It's a shame it has to be like this but there y'go.[/quote]

Try reading the thread before commenting and making yourself look like a right silly-billy! :)

Well, I spotted the original post on Friday, and refrained from posting until things had settled a bit.

I trust that, with as many loyal (pain in the ass) members here, if this ever came to pass, then we would be offered the opportunity to buy a share (check your paypal for downpayment), and the result would be worth well more than £1500 for the brotherhood herein....

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='454203' date='Apr 4 2009, 04:40 PM']All donations are gratefully received! Ped and I have been considering setting up the forum so its eligible for gift aid too...but I think we'd have to register BC as a charidee.[/quote]
You'd think i'd have seen the donations sticky up top wouldn't you? :)

ive just read this thread after the fact and fell hook line and sinker, DOH!!!! I must say , i joined this site 15 months ago and [b]i have spent nearly every single day on it[/b][/quote]
What, all day every day?? :)
:rolleyes::lol:

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='456463' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:47 PM']Just about too? I already have!

I offered £1000, which, considering the number of "difficult members" is a fair price I think.[/quote]

I have a "difficult member".

Oh god, I hate myself.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='456463' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:47 PM']Just about too? I already have!

I offered £1000, which, considering the number of "difficult members" is a fair price I think.[/quote]

Aha, I understand your game now BBC....

Been purposely keeping the price down over the last few years, have we?

You capitalist you.....

Edited by Huge Hands