Why become a member? ×

70s Fender Bass Hard Case

A mate of mine has a 70s Fender case, he doesn't know a lot about it, but I have found other through various lines of enquiry that it is likely to be from the late 70s as it has "Made in USA" under the Fender badge in the corner. Think it has a plastic as opposed to leather covered handle and has leather ends. The ends look like they've got a bit battered and the leather's split, but the case underneath is sound. Also only 1 of the 3 catches works and there are no keys, but the hinges alright.
I did try and find out a bit more with a view to replacing some of the catches, liberating and using it myself, but I think he would like to sell it now as he's just bought a westone thunder IIIA fretless.

Anyway, pics to follow - not sure what to ask for this, so sensible offers. Have seen another one in better nick for a strat end on ebay for over £300 and guessing it's not worth that in the condition that it is in, but with a couple of new latches, it should at least be secure.

send me pms for more info, pete doesn't use BC, but I'm trying to get him and his westone collection on here.

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='The Funk' post='47819' date='Aug 20 2007, 05:23 PM']I get what you're saying. I've got '77/'78 Fender Jazz and I thought it might be nice to pick up a cheap hard case from around the same time.

I was a bit freaked out by the reference to the other case going on ebay for £300![/quote]

60's Fender cases (especially pre '65 in good condition) do fetch that sort of money because of their rarity - but a late 70's case that's battered & only has one working catch?
:) :huh: :huh: