Why become a member? ×

Basses that look better than they sound

charic

I have a P Bass copy by "Riks" in sunburst which looks beautiful, until you realise thay have used a banana for a neck. It is in the process of being fitted with a fretless neck supplied by Sibob, and I hope it will then sound as good as it looks.

Steve

I always liked the look of the Peavey Zodiac, but I wasn't really impressed when I played it at the London Guitar Show.

A while ago I had a Yamaha RBX, it sounded OK but I didn't much like the neck.

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='steve-soar' post='48047' date='Aug 20 2007, 09:48 PM']My Jaydee Mark King. 1986 model, crap fretting, binding on neck coming away from finger board, dead spots all over the neck, hissed like a deflating tyre. Wish I could get it back from the person I sold it to in 1995. :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

I'm still working on that :huh:

MB1. :)

May get some flack for this but Marcus Miller Fender jazz signature,the bass is an amazingly good looking japanese copy of a 70s jazz(im not a fender guy but the MM jazz i do like the look of.).Everything about this bass is right,but what the hell were fender thinking about with the active system?.Fender always manage to get one thing wrong,in my eyes.Damn shame.