Why become a member? ×

Example Bass POD xt settings..?

Cantdosleepy

Hey fellas,

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut with the line6 bass pod (I've got the xtlive, floorboard version) and am casting about for inspiration. I've got an audition this evening and would like a nice chunky fuzzy sound - think a bit softer than XTRMNTR era Mani.

Anyone got any tips/settings/cool bits for this? Or if anyone knows of a good resource on the net...

When (and if) I get round to it, I'll endeavour to do some and post on the Pod library. It won't be anytime soon unfortunately.

Check out all the 'muse sound' creations. Some are 'interesting'.

Hi Chaps,

A few of my patches are littered around on this page [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/"]http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/[/url] but they are very bass specific. It really is a question of fiddling around until you find 'that' sweetspot. Most of the stuff on my website was recorded with the XT Pro, I love it to bits. A fantastic tool! Let me know if I can help at all.

Cool. Didn't there use to be a site called 'bodtone' as well? I had a google for it yesterday, but I think it's gone the way of the dodo.

Thanks for the lionk, ped. I like the sound of 'SVTgrit.l6t'!

I was playing about with it for the last band audition. At the moment my main concern is just getting a nice firm sound that cuts through the mix. It sounds so different in my bedroom through the Markbass LMII compared the the band's Peavey 115. I suppose I should try to keep the patches generic so they work in a variety of settings...

I tend to have several patches for each situation - for each bass I have an 'in ear' patch and a 'V4' patch for use with my amp. There is also a 'Studio' patch for each bass which I have used both into desk for recording and also through the PA live. It takes some doing, but once you have the main settings, it is great to tweak them slightly until you have all the sounds in one box. Now I know exactly how my basses will sound in every situation, and know that I can always get that sound.

..Until another bass arrives, then the whole thing starts again!!!

Using the FX is a similar story - one excellent feature is that you can programme say a reverb, save it, then switch it off and save the patch again - then when you next use that mode you can pres the reverb button to recall the setting. By doing that, my fretless has a reverb, octaver and chorus ready to be indipendantly switched on if needed, the fretted has an env filter.

One sound I am especially pleased with is my [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Line6%20Bass%20Pod%20XT%20Pro%20samples/stink%20synth%20Rendered.mp3"]STINK SYNTH[/url]!!

Some idea of my settings -

Vigier 4 fretted: In ear - Eden WT300, EQ, touch of reverb, room 10%
Live - No amp, reverb, EQ
Studio - Eden WT300, EQ, Comp (x2)

Vigier 4 fretless: In ear - SWR Sm500, EA 1x12, Tube mic (distant), Room 15%, FX - Reverb, Chorus, Octaver (switched off but ready)
Live - No amp, EQ, Effects as above but different settings - reverb and chorus on everything above 600hz
Studio - as 'In Ear'

Jazz Bass: In ear - Alembic FX1, Eden 410, Reverb, comp
Live - Tube pre with EQ
Studio - Alembic FX1, SWR 410, D112 close mic, comp.

That might be of some help, but as i found out when Lukeward2000 came over with his, what works for one bass might sound bad with another. We made a really fat Warwick patch which sounded incredible, but with my Jazz it sounded nasty!

Cheers
Bass ped XT Pro

[quote name='ped' post='48883' date='Aug 22 2007, 12:41 PM']Using the FX is a similar story - one excellent feature is that you can programme say a reverb, save it, then switch it off and save the patch again - then when you next use that mode you can pres the reverb button to recall the setting. By doing that, my fretless has a reverb, octaver and chorus ready to be indipendantly switched on if needed, the fretted has an env filter.[/quote]

I like that too. I was using the sub-octaver (from the Crytocerous factory preset) which has a lovely mod effect that makes it go 'whum-whum-whum-whum' in super-deep style. I don't play at the beginning of the song, so I can tap-tempo tht effect to the drummer, save it in a second then lay with another patch for most of the song, but then going into the 'whum-whum' at the middle eight, perfectly in time!

Your stink synth is filthy!