Why become a member? ×

How much for a bass gig in pro band

Vasquez Rich

[quote name='beerdragon' post='48241' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:02 PM']but you would'nt want to play one :)[/quote]
Hey.... beats playing down the Dog and Duck! If you do a good job there will be a lot of other offers..... Where did I put their phone number!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='47902' date='Aug 20 2007, 07:55 PM']I think Steve Lewinson played on their last live gigs. Yes they did use musicians.[/quote]

And I have it on good authority that he's doing this new tour.

[quote name='Sean' post='48143' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:55 AM']..... that numpty Ronnie Wood......[/quote]
Sorry, but I like Ronnie Wood. Always have. I like that ramshackle, almost falling apart feel he gets. Ok, sometimes the substances get the upper hand and it does fall apart.... but so what!

I used to see him in The Birds, a great Motown/R&B band, The Jeff Beck Group, he was Jeff's favourite bass player! A band I was in supported The Faces in the 70's and now the Stones.

OK, so I can remember more of his career than he can, but I think he works really well with Keith Richards. Oh, and I'm looking forward to tonight, as I'll be seeing them at the O2 Arena.

[quote name='The Funk' post='48245' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:07 PM']Wasn't Rob Trujillo's $1m an advance on all the money he'd make in the band in the future?[/quote]

That would make more sense. Either way, he looked pretty happy with the deal!

[quote name='Sean' post='48143' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:55 AM']I heard that Darryl Jones was being paid $20,000 a week by The Rolling Stones when touring and a smaller retainer when not. This sounds realistic for a huge act and the fact that Darryl is now an established member of the tours.[/quote]

Back in the late 80's one of the muso's in the James Last Orchestra was asked why he stayed with them. He said the Orchestra work for 6 months of the year, but he still gets paid for the other 6.

(the joke at the time was 'what's the difference between a cow, and the James Last Orchestra? the cow has the horns at the front and the tit at the back')

Regardless of your opinion of the musical worth of the Spice Girls, it's a quality gig for a sessionist, and will undoubtedly lead to other work.

[quote name='bassmandan' post='48643' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:38 PM']did any of you ever hear Paul Gilbert's version of "2 become 1"? sort of mashed up with a little Led Zep and Sabbath, pretty good stuff really! maybe he should crash their tour......[/quote]

he he! yes, I saw him perform it at a clinic um.. last year? year b4? I can't remember. Awesome though.. definitely improved on the spice girls version!!