Why become a member? ×

Which strings do you use?

thumbo

[quote name='Josh' post='3732' date='May 21 2007, 05:29 PM']I'm greatly favouring D'Addarios Pro-Steels as of late, though alot of guys on ehre don't seem to like them for soem reason, ah well.[/quote]

Same here. Although I also use XL and Halfrounds on different basses for different purposes, I must say that I like PS most for their better definition and extrended range sounds.

Other strings I'm using comprise Status Hot Wires Premium Roundcore Roundwound (.035 - .095) and a Pyramid Stainless Steel Roundwound/Plain custom set (.012 - .125) for extended ranging.

Switched to D'addario flatwounds `cause strings are so expensive I leave them on for about 6months (until they`re really dead). Decided to switch to flatwounds because I like the slightly dead/bassy sound of worn in strings. Once I tried them I knew there was no going back, fresh new strings have an amaizing grand piano twang to them.

Rotosound...
i tried a set of overwater stainless steel's after bein recomended them and they were really nice...
i want to try d'adario as i had a pack and cut the g too short when stringing them and it snapped when i tuned it :S

Edited by bassboy115

Guest subaudio

I've got medium Lakland roundwound strings on my erm Lakland, great strings, good sound and shelf life, and still sound cool when the new zing fades. I love Roto's but they dont last long (when I was after the new string sound) a very good happy medium is Elites imo.

DR's are great but a bit pricey for me.

I've used Rotosound Swingbass 45-105's, can't say I had any problems with them, but it was a while ago now.

Currently have my Aerodyne strung with EB Super Slinkies (45-100's) which I do like alot, much better once they've started to deaden.

Thinking about a set of DR Sunbeams for the VMJ, might just buy another set of slinkies though.

[quote name='elom' post='4113' date='May 22 2007, 12:06 AM']Elite Stadiums but I've not really tried many brands.

Loads of people raved about how good the [url="http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/roberts/index.asp?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=10"]Roberts strings[/url] were for the money so I might give them a try.[/quote]

I'm still using the Roberts.. Changed the set I originally put on after SEVEN or so gigs + rehearsals... And I managed to grab two more sets for a tenner which should last me the rest of the year.. Guess I'm just lucky that way...

I'm using DR nckl pltd Lo-Riders (£15).

They've lost their zing after 2 weeks of playing and now I really like them.

I'm looking forward to trying out TI Jazz Flats and Elite Groundwounds, thanks to Bass ferret's recommendation.

Oh and GHS Brite Flats (actually ground apparently).

Some string reviews here:

[url="http://www.bgra.net/2004/index.php?content=feature&page=strings"]http://www.bgra.net/2004/index.php?content...mp;page=strings[/url]

Edited by paul, the