Why become a member? ×

1 x balance pot versus 2 x individual volume pots?

Beedster

Hi all
My new precision with JPUP at the neck runs Jazz style V/V/T pots. To be honest, I prefer a single balance pot where I can move very quickly between the two PUPs. Before I change it, is there any reason I should not use a balance pot (lower O/P. reduced range of tones etc) and leave it as is?
Cheers
Chris

My personal preference is for 2 volumes. I find it to be more flexible, eg. 2 volumes allows you to run 1 pickup at 90%, and the other at 50%.

I don't think there's much difference in terms of signal loss, noise etc. between the two options though.

Andy

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='48271' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:56 PM']If an instrument has a sweet spot its probably easier to find with 2 volumes. Down side is its not so easy to change your overall volume quickly on the instrument.[/quote]
+ 1

That's my experience of it. I use the volume pedal on the Zoom B2 1.u to deal with the quick on/off volume stuff at the end of songs etc, but prefer the V/V/T set up..

Nik