Why become a member? ×

Recycled Strings

Linz

Where I used to work (I'm a metallurgist..no don't ask) we had a large ultrasonic cleaning tank thing. Fill it up with meths and dump the strings in it for half an hour... almost good as new, in fact I don't like brand new strings (a little too bright) so I used to clean and reuse strings a lot. Left there now so can't do it anymore.

Richard
VASQUEZ

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='11096' date='Jun 2 2007, 05:11 PM']Where I used to work (I'm a metallurgist..no don't ask) we had a large ultrasonic cleaning tank thing. Fill it up with meths and dump the strings in it for half an hour... almost good as new, in fact I don't like brand new strings (a little too bright) so I used to clean and reuse strings a lot. Left there now so can't do it anymore.

Richard
VASQUEZ[/quote]

Sounds like a business opportunity ..
Got a shed? :)

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='11150' date='Jun 2 2007, 08:04 PM']I did think of doing that... but it'd be too much arsing about.. I don't think anyone would be that interested.[/quote]

Aw gwaaaan, You know you want to :)
Maybe Oxfam could open a special website for re-cycled bass strings like their book shops ,,#Whaddaya think?

[quote name='OldGit' post='10389' date='Jun 1 2007, 09:08 AM']Chicken wire???
[/quote]

Don't show her that, she works for the police and with her mouth!

(We have both type of music here, Country and Western!)

Edited by simon73