Why become a member? ×

aria proII laser elec heritage

curly28

i have in my possesion a aria proII laser electric heritage as i do not play guitar i am thinking of selling as its just gathering dust . i know these guitars are quite well thought of but have no idea of a reasonable price to start with is there anyone who could give me some idea :)

[quote name='bassman2790' post='48562' date='Aug 21 2007, 08:58 PM']About £100 which, as luck would have it, I happen to have spare at the moment. When should I pick it up? :)[/quote]
ive had a little look round on net today and i have seen various prices most been higher than 100 pounds, some sites have neared 250 pounds but i was not 2 sure as i can only go off info i gathered today. do you know a lot about this guitar as it took me awhile to find out exactly what it was.

Bloodaxe bought a lefty laser heritage off the 'bay for £69 recently, albeit with kent armstrong pickups.

I'd say that was a bit of a bargain, but matsumoko Arias can be quite variable in their selling prices for some strange reason. Some very clean models can get a few people chasing them, others get no interest at all.

[quote name='Musky' post='48633' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:17 PM']Bloodaxe bought a lefty laser heritage off the 'bay for £69 recently, albeit with kent armstrong pickups.

I'd say that was a bit of a bargain, but matsumoko Arias can be quite variable in their selling prices for some strange reason. Some very clean models can get a few people chasing them, others get no interest at all.[/quote]
this one has a string missing and is in fair shape apart from that

Rather depends what you describe as 'fair' condition. I take it you've seen the Aria thread in the ebay forum? It gives a flavour of the kind of prices Matsumoko era basses go for, and unfortunately for you they tend to be on the cheap side. The exceptions are generally the SB series (which can still go for bargain prices, considering their original cost and quality) and truly mint condition items.

On the plus side, people are sloooowly coming round to the quality of these instruments and prices are (slowly) rising. At the moment though, I suspect you'd struggle to get half of the £250 you mention. But ebay is a weird place - if you read that thread you'll notice that an Aria CAT (bought for £26) sold for £76, but only after the guy listed it three times.

Meanwhile, here's a laser that sold in Italy recently -
[url="http://cgi.ebay.it/ARIA-PRO-II-HERITAGE-MADE-IN-JAPAN-1985-TIP-IBANEZ_W0QQitemZ150135552993QQihZ005QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.it/ARIA-PRO-II-HERITAGE-MA...5QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='MB1' post='49007' date='Aug 22 2007, 03:16 PM']MB1. :)

Sure they did an active model of this ![/quote]

I thought you used to have an active model? It was called the Classic BTW - I happened to come across an old review for it while looking for some info the other night.

Incidentally, that CAT is back on the 'bay after the last buyer failed to stump up - BIN £70.