Why become a member? ×

Summer Bass Bash/Extravaganza

skywalker

Hi All

As most of you know NAS has been kind enough to offer us the use of his house for a bash, and with time passing we are probably now looking at about mid June sometime. Those who have been before know how good this place is - so lets try to have a great bash and raise some money for Nick's chosen charities (the story of this is elsewhere on the forum - take a look if you haven't seen it).

Nick has lots of amplification, including a 20 channel PA, and if I remember correctly there are 2 rooms available, so I guess one for display/trying out of basses, and I suppose if we have members who are also guitarists/drummers/keyboardists potentially a room where we can jam. (and if the weather is good we can spill into the 100's of acres outside).

Can everbody interested let me know their favoured date, with the exception of Glasto weekend, when Nick will be there, along with many of us I guess.

For those planning to travel a long distance there may be the possibility of guest rooms being available at Shakenhurst in return for a contribution towards laundry costs - more on this later when a date is confirmed.

Let's know what everybody thinks, and as we can put some firm arrangements in place.

Steve

Edited by ped

The one last year was excellent and much appreciation to 'Nas' for putting it on. I would love to come along this time if it fits in with why weekends off. Nearer the end of June is better than nearer the start of June for me.

I didn't realise Nas was a member of these forums. Will Kelis be there?

I can't do 6-7 (my birthday weekend) or 13-14 (my friend/guitarist's birthday weekend). But as I'm not that important, feel free to pick the dates which are most convenient for the majority. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

We have a date now of 20th June for this event, which so far as I can see will work for quite a few people so the more the merrier. Any offers of items for a raffle would be much appreciated, especially as the proceeds will be towards our host's chosen charities.

Ped is on the case trying to get us some tee shirts, and if we are very lucky we might get BGM to cover the event in the mag - at least we will give it a try.

I will now put my thinking cap on and see what might be required in terms of food and drink, and how I am going to organise it.

Steve

[quote name='OldGit' post='493834' date='May 20 2009, 11:29 PM']Sorry Where exactly is it?
Coudl you edit the top post with details?
Ta[/quote]

Shakenhurst Hall is close to Cleobury Mortimer, on the Shropshire / Worcestershire border, west of Kidderminster. If I remember correctly there is a set of directions that Nick put on the thread from last time we had a bash there, I will find it out and post it here.