Why become a member? ×

So that's why the bass body is shaped like that!

FretBuzz

Ive seen her around abit.....yeah shes good. Quite Tasteful.

But she has that tone,i dont like.......

.....that excuse me I just made a noise scoopy coffee table dont offend anyone isnt it nice that we are here would you like a sandwich and latte Jazz tone.

careful lads, we have lady members... they have been known to get upset. And they have every reason to as well. Please concentrate on Tal's playing skills...

That's a Sadowsky isn't it? I seem to remember they made a big song and dance about the presentation at NAMM... Funny that, cos Joe and Jane Public will just see it as a Fender, after all, only Fender make basses that look like that right??? :)

I can't stand her playing. But so far I'm the only person I know who feels that way. She went to Berklee, got an endorsement with Sadowsky almost immediately and got taken under Anthony Jackson's considerable wing - then he hooked her up with tours backing the likes of Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock. Then she got the Jeff Beck gig off the back of that.

Am I just bitter and jealous? Probably!!!

Has she got where she is because she's a girl and looks about 12? Maybe.

EDIT: Like Argh said above, I don't like her tone. But I've also listened to her solo record and I've seen some clips of her 'cutting loose' at some bass masterclass - boring! I'm trying to figure out what it is I'm not getting about her playing that makes her so special. So far I can't come up with anything apart from the fact that people think she's 12.

(As for the Jeff Beck/Crossroads DVD thing, I heard he asked not to be on it 'cos he wasn't happy with his playing - when he was the best thing there!)

2nd EDIT: She is getting better though - but if any of you were taking under Anthony Jackson's wing and toured with Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Jeff Beck, you'd no doubt improve too!

3rd EDIT: Yep, definitely bitter.

Edited by The Funk

Excellent and thoughtful choice of notes in that solo, not noodly at all which is refreshing.

I can't help but mention that a few of the comments in this thread are quite offensive to women, and I'm a man for petes sake. Think before pressing submit, please.

[quote name='Wil' post='50972' date='Aug 26 2007, 05:23 PM']I can't help but mention that a few of the comments in this thread are quite offensive to women[/quote]

If it's me, let me know. I know I'm always rude about her playing but I hope I haven't said anything sexist.

Well, I'm not offended and I a woman...

Anyway, I do admire that fact that she is 1. a female bass player and 2. Able to play that good even though she and I are the same age. Regardless of her tone and style, I really do think that she a lot better than me and like someone above said, has to to be able to play with such big name musicians... Which is an accomplishment in itself.

Are there any other good female bass players?

I didn't say you did The Funk. I didn't particularly want to go finger pointing and such, just to remind people that threads like this have caused valued members to leave in the past -_-

I'm not a mod though, so I shouldn't be getting on my high horse anyway :)