Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee bridge cover

cetera

I'm considering making a few cosmetic adjustments to my lovely Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass. :huh:

Does anyone know whether the typical Jazz bass 'ashtray' bridge covers (with F logo) will fit over the Badass II bridge... or is the Badass II too wide/set back too far?

Any help would be appreciated and would save me buying one only to find it doesn't fit! :)

[quote name='cetera' post='50941' date='Aug 26 2007, 03:26 PM']I'm considering making a few cosmetic adjustments to my lovely Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass. :huh:

Does anyone know whether the typical Jazz bass 'ashtray' bridge covers (with F logo) will fit over the Badass II bridge... or is the Badass II too wide/set back too far?

Any help would be appreciated and would save me buying one only to find it doesn't fit! :)[/quote]

I had a 70's Jazz with a Badass bridge & the ashtray cover didn't fit as the Badass was set too far back/was too long... So I would think that you would have much the same problem with a Geddy Lee model.
So I wouldn't buy an ashtray as I think you'd be disappointed...

Edited by 99ster

You can buy a non-Fender bridge cover that fits over a BadAssII bridge comfortably, they used to sell it on basspartsresource.com but it appears that they don't stock it anymore.

Perhaps worth investigating? I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I know they're definitely for sale out there somewhere!

[quote name='acidbass' post='51381' date='Aug 27 2007, 06:45 PM']You can buy a non-Fender bridge cover that fits over a BadAssII bridge comfortably, they used to sell it on basspartsresource.com but it appears that they don't stock it anymore.

Perhaps worth investigating? I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I know they're definitely for sale out there somewhere![/quote]

Thanks, will do.... :)

If anyone else knows of the cover to which you are referring could they please let me know!