Why become a member? ×

Bravewood Relic Jazz Bass Fretless

daveski

I'm selling this Bravewood Jazz bass, this was built for me in 2002 when Bravewood still took orders, i played it extensively for 3 years but for the last 4 it has had very few airings and i play fretless so rarely it's a waste to keep it.
It's great to play and was based on Pastorius's jazz had he lived and played it for another 25 years. I know lots of people hate reliced basses, but i quite like them and when this was made i thought 'in for a penny' etc.
I'm asking £900 for the bass, someone also told me Bravewood no longer takes orders so i don't know if these are even made anymore.
cheers Dave

Edited by daveski

[quote name='fretless bob' post='491009' date='May 17 2009, 11:27 PM']that looks lovely. im definately gonna get myself a fretted bravewood soon, have you compared this to a real 60's jazz, how do you find the comparison in sound?[/quote]

Unfortunately Fretless Bob i have never been able to do a back to back test, i would love to as i think this bass would hold it's own as she really does 'sing if you treat her right' !.

As for getting a fretted one, i don't think anyone whos ever owned a Bravewood has been disappointed , you really should, they really are fantastic and if this was fretted i wouldn't be selling it, actually as i have have not had any interest maybe i should just get it fretted then it would get some use!

I have the bass John built just after this one (and it's almost the same!), and I can tell you that it's a fantastic bass. The level of attention to detail on Bravewood guitars is something else, and the build quality is superb. I believe that this also has an epoxy coated board like mine? It makes a big difference to the tone. Can't believe you're selling it, but good luck!

This Bravewood has now been traded for Margus's Status Series 2 and is winging it's way to Tallinn in Estonia, i'm sort of sad to see her go as she is a great bass, but please don't sob for me guys as i have a Fender Jaco tribute fretless which is also superb and will put a smile on my face from time to time.
Thanks for all the interest and trade offers, much appreciated.

I got the Bravewood today and all I can say is - WOW! What a great fretless it is! One of the best I've tried if not the best one. :)
Extremely resonant wood and an exact replica of a 62 Jazz bass. Amazing craftmanship. It actually plays and sounds much better than my original 69 Jazz I sold recently. Can you imagine?! :rolleyes:

[quote name='margusalviste' post='504440' date='Jun 3 2009, 08:57 AM']I got the Bravewood today and all I can say is - WOW! What a great fretless it is! One of the best I've tried if not the best one. :)
Extremely resonant wood and an exact replica of a 62 Jazz bass. Amazing craftmanship. It actually plays and sounds much better than my original 69 Jazz I sold recently. Can you imagine?! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm glad you like it Margus, it was a pleasure and the transaction so smooth, i'm made up with the S2 as well, everyones happy!