Why become a member? ×

wiring troubles

teen t-shirt

i was having some trouble picking up sound from my bass when i plugged it into my amp, i did all the checks the amp and cables were fine when i noticed my volume knob was lose and able to wiggle about so i removed the scratch board to tighten the volume knob when i noticed that a blue wire coming from the pick up was not connected to either the control knobs or the jack socket i took a picture to see if any one can help me cos my beautiful bass aint working. where does the blue wire go tone, volume or jack socket?????

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='51281' date='Aug 27 2007, 01:54 PM']i was having some trouble picking up sound from my bass when i plugged it into my amp, i did all the checks the amp and cables were fine when i noticed my volume knob was lose and able to wiggle about so i removed the scratch board to tighten the volume knob when i noticed that a blue wire coming from the pick up was not connected to either the control knobs or the jack socket i took a picture to see if any one can help me cos my beautiful bass aint working. where does the blue wire go tone, volume or jack socket?????[/quote]

The fuzzy photo doesn't help :) - one of the wires from the pickup goes to earth - soldered on the back of the volume pot, the other is soldered to the tab on the volume pot. I can't make out which one has come off. Any help?

Hamster

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='51297' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:47 PM']the blue wire in my hand is coming from the pick up and wasn't connected to anything if that helps at all?[/quote]

Where is the other wire from the pickup soldered?

[quote name='Hamster' post='51301' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:57 PM']Where is the other wire from the pickup soldered?[/quote]

no worries i fixed it i soldered the blue wire to the tone control so i now have that i tightened the volume knob and it sounds better than before
but thanks for taking a look and trying to help :)