Why become a member? ×

Name the BASS

Super_Mario_Bass

are you kidding?.... it's in shot for less than five seconds in the whole clip!

after watching it a couple of times and trying to find the best point to pause and have a closer look I'm fairly certain it's not a G&L due to the fact that it doesn't have the signature 'point motif' on the bottom edge of the headstock...... beyond that I can't be much use I'm afraid, can't even really tell what colour the body is because the lights are coloured too!...... possibly blue? and definately a P-Bass of some sort.....

[quote name='Hamster' post='51406' date='Aug 27 2007, 07:42 PM']It's deffo an early G&L L-1000 :)

Hamster

edit to add piccy[/quote]

Ahhhh....
That brings back some memories - I used to have one just like that (with rosewood fingerboard) - sold it sometime in the 80's...
It was a great little bass.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='51603' date='Aug 28 2007, 10:39 AM']Jeez, thats lovely...... why did you get rid of it?

:)[/quote]

Back in 1987 I bought a Wal Custom MkI (still got her 20 years later) - I had to sell the G&L and a really nice Aria to fund it...
Once I tried a Wal everything else was just surplus to requirements....then I was quite happy for about 15 years until I discovered vintage Fenders!

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='52359' date='Aug 29 2007, 02:57 PM']Lemme know if you find it :)

lol so these G&Ls are out of production? I cant seem to find them anywhere.[/quote]

I'm not a big dub fan to be honest. But I think Aston Barrett got a better tone when acquired on certain Marley songs using a '70s jazz and Acoustic gear.

I'll let you know next time I hear a nice dub example.