Why become a member? ×

Cleaning kit

ped

Yo

I have spent the day making a lil bag full of all my bass accessories/spares and so on. It is useful to have spare strings, tape, bolts, allen keys, string cutter, batteries and so on all to hand.

What I am missing is a very small can of wd40 (the wd40 pen looks perfect), a lint free cloth and some 'Peek' metal polish. Does anyone know of a place which sells all three of these online? I can find them all individually but not in the same place!!

[url="http://www.eurofixings.co.uk/flexipad-microfibre-polishing-cloths-p-6561.html"]This[/url] place has everything but I am not sure if these cloths are the right thing - I want a washable one that will last. Will these be OK do you think? I Don't think I will actually use polish with them really...

Cheers
ped

Ped I went to Dunelm Mill or somewhere and bought a couple of microfibre cloths for 79p. I use them on the gloss finishes on my bass and guitars and they are very good at getting rid of all the mucky fingerprints and marks without leaving streaks and with no need for any cleaning agents. You can stick em in the washing machine as well

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='53146' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:29 AM']Ped I went to Dunelm Mill or somewhere and bought a couple of microfibre cloths for 79p. I use them on the gloss finishes on my bass and guitars and they are very good at getting rid of all the mucky fingerprints and marks without leaving streaks and with no need for any cleaning agents. You can stick em in the washing machine as well[/quote]

I agree, they're good. But they are also very good at picking up dirt - get anything gritty and hard caught up in those fibres and you'll know all about it. :)

Update:

I got a massive pack of about 20 large lint free polish cloths at the motorist centre for £2! I have cut a square and put it in a sealed bag for emergencies and got a general rag for polishing the fretless etc.

My little bag now has basically everything under the sun in it. I will list it for a laugh:

Ahem

2 spare leads around a lead tidy spool
leather strap with schaller locks
3 blank CDRs
Spare B string
Optima Gold strings (spares for f/less)
TI Flats (as above)
2x 9v batts
Shure E2c foam sleeves x10 plus plastic/moulded sleeves + headphone case
Leatherman
Allen keys
Mini torch
Elixir multi-tool (string cutter/allen keys/screwdrivers)
Hex screwdriver and attachments
mini patch lead
Tuner
Headphone amp
21mm>1/4" adaptors x2 and other way round x2
headphone splitter/phono splitter/misc leads
Peek metal polish for f/less board
sealed lint free cloth
Spare EC883 valve, new
Laccy bands
Rack grubs
Alcoholic wipe sachets
Cable ties
Adjustable spanner
1>4 plug adaptor
Duck tape

s'about it! Not bad eh!! All into a really small lunchbox sized bag!