Why become a member? ×

For sale or trades (new things on my list): Epiphone Thunderbird - Vintage Sunburst £150

BassistJonathan

I am selling my Epiphone thunderbird in Vintage Sunburst.

My reason for selling is because I am upgrading and not because I have a problem with the bass.

I am selling for £150 and it comes with a specially designed 'ritter' gig bag which was £50 on its own and was very hard to find gig bags to fit thunderbirds.

It also comes with pre-installed straplocks and strap which are very handy to protect from damage.

It is in good condition with just a few bumps and scratches around the body.

It has one noticeable chip in the headstock which is clearly shown on one of the pictures.

I am open to any sorts of trades, it doesn't hurt to ask.

More realistic trades would be bass heads, cabs, deluxe usa jazz bass, stingray, lakland dj4, with cash going either way (obviously I would be paying a substanial amount extra if you offered an expensive bass).

ps. I am looking for £600-700 basses, but relatively low end heads and cabs

Pickup from sunderland, not willing to send by post, but pm me if your interested and we can try and work something out.

Thanks

[attachment=2042:IMG_1625.JPG][attachment=2043:IMG_1633.JPG][attachment=2044:IMG_1634.JPG][attachmen
=2045:IMG_1636.JPG][attachment=2046:IMG_1638.JPG]

Edited by BassistJonathan

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='58440' date='Sep 10 2007, 08:16 PM']Yeah I know but I wouldn't have a clue how to pack it securely! Come on...theres got to be someone who lives near me![/quote]

I'd quite like this, but It'd cost me more to get to Sunderland than the bass is worth! Just a thought, I've seen people send stuff through thier local music shops for a relativly small price.

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='58440' date='Sep 10 2007, 09:16 PM']Yeah I know but I wouldn't have a clue how to pack it securely![/quote]

Bubble wrap and cardboard works a treat :huh:
£150 for this with the gig bag is a good deal folks have a fee bump :)

• 2 weeks later...

Stop it, I regret selling mine, every time I see one I GAS to have one again.

But I'd really need to play one again in a shop before I bought one, just to see if it was as good as I remember.

And there's the fact I'm skint as I've just paid uni fee's.

Edited by Buzz

I've got a spare 4 Ohm 200w RMS Peavey 2x10 cab that i'm not using and a 150w RMS Crate amp, would you consider a straight trade?

My bro lives in Newcastle and I could send it up with him next time he vists?

If so I can take pics, the crate amp is brand new pretty much and perfect for carrying around... comes in it's own specially designed carry case :huh: The Peavey had a horn that pissed me off to the extent that I removed it, i've still got it somewhere but believe me... it's better off without it, gives a really thick meaty tone now and doesn't rasp. It is in good condition, i've repaired the protective cloth myself and I did a good job so it's aesthetically in pretty good shape as well.

EDIT:I used this set up for practice until I got an Ashdown combo, it's plenty loud enough and isn't a hassle size wise... I used to actually live in Sunderland and Newcastle, and took them to practice on the metro :)

Edited by minty fresh death

• 2 weeks later...

o, ok. just wondering cos id never seen one other than the one in the link then your bass popped out at me. just thought id ask.

nice bass by the way, i was gonna get one ages ago, and the one i tried was great. good luck with the sale.