Why become a member? ×

Electro Harmonix Blackfinger

CPBass

Just bought one of these and have to say its breathed a whole new dimension into my tone.

No undesirable "breathing" side effect and not only tightens the sound right up but adds a very nice only what can be described as "sub-growl". The sustain is STONKIN. Not sold as a bass specific comp but really works a treat. Its well built and takes a little time to test for your sound but well worth the outcome.
Power supply a bit fiddly but not worry.

Ive tried loads of comps and this one has more than won out. Check one out if you looking for a good quality compressor for your fatstrings.

They aint cheap but VGVFM.

Cheers

Col

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='MoJ' post='54505' date='Sep 2 2007, 11:39 PM']Mind if I ask where abouts in your sigal you put this? is in between your amp and bass or in after the amp/eq (ie effects loop)?

ANdy[/quote]

Hi Andy,

She is the last pedal in my chain. That goes straight into the preamp. I dont use the FX loop.

Cheers

Col

• 3 months later...

[quote name='fede162162' post='111223' date='Dec 30 2007, 11:43 PM']sorry Col,which EBS?the Valve Drive?
what about the DHA?[/quote]

I tried the Multicomp.

The Blackfinger has now been sold to fellow basschatter Theosd. She was getting less and less use from me so she moved on.

Ive just ordered a DHA unit....should arrive anytime

Edited by Voodoosnake

• 1 month later...