Why become a member? ×

Wall hangers

Merton

So I know a fair few of you guys use wall hangers at home for your basses - are Qwik Lok the ones to go for? My cunning plan is that my new flat (which I'm hoping to buy v soon!) will have all my basses proudly hanging in the living room. So I want the best wall hangers out there please, don't really fancy the Retroactive falling.....

Cheers peeps :)

[quote name='Merton' post='54202' date='Sep 2 2007, 02:50 PM']So I know a fair few of you guys use wall hangers at home for your basses - are Qwik Lok the ones to go for? My cunning plan is that my new flat (which I'm hoping to buy v soon!) will have all my basses proudly hanging in the living room. So I want the best wall hangers out there please, don't really fancy the Retroactive falling.....

Cheers peeps :)[/quote]
Local DIY store. Cheap as chips and perfect.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='54217' date='Sep 2 2007, 03:35 PM']I use the Hercules ones myself.[/quote]

[quote name='Lee-Man' post='54237' date='Sep 2 2007, 04:05 PM']+1 for the Hercules ones, I have three of them.[/quote]

Aha, didn't think of them, I have a stand of theirs so will give em a shot. Thomann have 'em bloody cheap too:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/hercules_stands_gsp39wb_guitar_wallmount.htm"]hooray![/url]

[quote name='Alien' post='55040' date='Sep 3 2007, 11:35 PM']Another + for the Hercules, but bear in mind that it'll only hold 4-strings and narrow 5's. If you have a wide spaced 5-string or a 6/7/8 etc. then you'll need to look elsewhere.

Andy[/quote]
Aye, good point. All mine are 4's except the one Groove 5er, and that fits in the "normal" Hercules stand I have so I figure it'll be OK. Bought 5 of 'em from Thomann yesterday, they shipped this morning!