Why become a member? ×

Artist Signature bass

Tait

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='55720' date='Sep 5 2007, 08:54 AM']I've already got a Status KingBass & a Geddy Lee Jazz, so what else?

Hmmm.... A Marcus Miller Jazz would be nice... And a Stanley Clarke Alembic Sig... Quite fancy the Billy Sheehan Yamaha Attitude as well... Cool looking bass :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
When the GAS gets too bad let me know!

[quote name='Gary.Lowe' post='56834' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:29 AM']You could walk out of Bass Day UK with a free one [url="http://www.bassday.co.uk/news.html"]http://www.bassday.co.uk/news.html[/url]

:)[/quote]

I fully intend to. Just need to borrow the good lady's stocking :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='55720' date='Sep 5 2007, 08:54 AM']I've already got a Status KingBass & a Geddy Lee Jazz, so what else?

Hmmm.... A Marcus Miller Jazz would be nice... And a Stanley Clarke Alembic Sig... Quite fancy the Billy Sheehan Yamaha Attitude as well... Cool looking bass :)[/quote]

I can vouch for the Attitudes. Don't so much sing and twang as roar and thump! Definitely different.

Otherwise;

OLP Tony Levin
Fender Roscoe Beck (but the pick-up switch has to go in favour of a Volume / Volume or Volume / Pan arrangement)
Quite like the new Statii - Pino Paladino or Guy Pratt designed models. Dunno if they're actually signatures [i]per se[/i], though.

[quote name='Gary.Lowe' post='56834' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:29 AM']You could walk out of Bass Day UK with a free one [url="http://www.bassday.co.uk/news.html"]http://www.bassday.co.uk/news.html[/url]

:)[/quote]

I'd totally take an Italia over an MM copy. A very revealing contrast. Separate draws presumably?

[quote name='Bass_Junkie' post='55589' date='Sep 4 2007, 10:10 PM']Duff mckagan's black fender precision special
fender need to hurry up at make an artist series of them!!![/quote]

I have an original 1989 model in red ;o) .. it does 'that sound' so well ;o)

[edit] Its actually called a Fender Jazz Bass Special. The Active version was known as the Power Jazz Bass Special and features some upgrades, like a graphite reinforced tri-lam neck and 22 frets (and an active pre).

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='54790' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:58 PM']Jaco relic fretless or Dood's 7 stringer :)[/quote]

awww cheers chap! Yes, it is very much a signature model built to my specs. I am very proud of it.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='56850' date='Sep 7 2007, 10:19 AM']I can vouch for the Attitudes. Don't so much sing and twang as roar and thump! Definitely different.

Otherwise;

OLP Tony Levin
Fender Roscoe Beck (but the pick-up switch has to go in favour of a Volume / Volume or Volume / Pan arrangement)
Quite like the new Statii - Pino Paladino or Guy Pratt designed models. Dunno if they're actually signatures [i]per se[/i], though.[/quote]

o yes, oh yes - I have two attitudes and love them dearly!! worries the missus at times!

they just kick ass and sound mighty - couldn't in a million years part with them....mind you when I kick the bucket, the kids will get them.

they are like a fusion of a telebass and pbass, actually thats exactly what they are! trying to sell my pbass and squiers in order to fund an ampeg 810 and another yamaha attitude, a red or a black one or one of those anniversary series - they are just the dogs boll***s for mad rockers!!!!