Why become a member? ×

Double Bass hire

Owen

I have a friend who needs to hire a double bass for a couple of weeks for a jazz band he is road managing. I know that there are hire companies such as Matt Snowball etc but he has tried them and the bassist in question was not loving it.

Any suggestions as to other sources for a nicer instrument to hire?

Ta, like.

[quote name='owen' post='55317' date='Sep 4 2007, 03:09 PM']I have a friend who needs to hire a double bass for a couple of weeks for a jazz band he is road managing. I know that there are hire companies such as Matt Snowball etc but he has tried them and the bassist in question was not loving it.

Any suggestions as to other sources for a nicer instrument to hire?

Ta, like.[/quote]

Footes in London, (Golden Square) may be able to help you along.

Dear god,......Soil and Pimp Sessons!!!!!!!

One of my favourite bands! Do you know when and where they are playing?

They are insane. Last time I saw them the bass the guy was using the bridge collapsed mid-song! He set the whole thing up and and retuned etc ready for the next song.

Every bass player or fan of music must check this band out.

It likes a bunch of jazz acid fueled jazz/dance heads fronted by a japanese James Belushi. Mental.

[quote name='Mikey D' post='55882' date='Sep 5 2007, 12:45 PM']Dear god,......Soil and Pimp Sessons!!!!!!!

One of my favourite bands! Do you know when and where they are playing?

They are insane. Last time I saw them the bass the guy was using the bridge collapsed mid-song! He set the whole thing up and and retuned etc ready for the next song.

Every bass player or fan of music must check this band out.

It likes a bunch of jazz acid fueled jazz/dance heads fronted by a japanese James Belushi. Mental.[/quote]

No idea when or where I'm afraid. The collapsing bridge was one of the reasons that he was not digging the basses as provided and the tour manager needed other options.