Why become a member? ×

Very Special Guitar/Bass for sale....

Mikey D

I now know the true meaning of being a poor music student...up for sale is my pride and joy:

Completely handmade in Chapel Hill N.C. USA by Wes Lambe

Custom Built 8S FOR SALE!

This is the only one in the UK and I have to check, but I also think Europe, if not outside of the USA!
[list]
[*]Hand carved top & body contours
[*]Walnut body
[*]Carbon fiber reinforced Birdseye Maple neck w/2 way adjustable truss rod
[*]Rosewood fretboard w/abalone dot fret markers
[*]Ebony peghead veneer (Front & back)
[*]Gotoh tuners
[*]Fanned-fret®* Fanned-fret®(Built under license by Novax® Guitars)- fretboards incorporate multiple scale lengths for improved tuning, tone, and feel
[*]Genuine bone nut (2 3/16" nut width)
[*]Separate bass and guitar outputs
[*]Bass pickups: Bartolini 8S's
[*]Guitar pickups: Seymour Duncan "JB" bridge & "Jazz" neck
[*]UV-cured urethane polyester finish
[*]TKL Hardshell case w/plush interior
[*]D'Addario Strings [Flatwounds on guitar strings]
[*]Added brand new Real Leather worn look Strap
[/list]
If you wanted to get one of these (guitar+shipping+VAT+import tax) it would set you back about $3350, so at current exchange that's about £1675.

This one is near mint except for a small dent on the upper bout where your arm rests over the guitar, so you can't even see it. Although as the finish is urethane, an experienced repairer could re-finish this so the guitar is as brand new.

The build quality as as good or better than I have ever seen from a builder. The wood grains, parts, build and finish, everything about this guitar is amazing.

If you need to know, it is tuned E-A-D-a-d-g-b-e and if you want to hear it you can goto youtube and look for the videos my funkyniblet (me).

I am aware that this is quite a niche product but in the short space of time I have had it, many people have been interested in it, so I thought I would post here first just in case. I'm here to answer any questions.

If you want to come and try it out leave me a message or PM me.

I'm looking for £1350 plus courier, or local pickup. I may be able to organise delivery within the Midlands Area.

I can't bear to sell it, but I also cannot justify not eating when I own a beautiful guitar of this value.

As soon as I sort my finances out, I will buy another one of these without delay. It is truly a work of art.

• 1 month later...