Why become a member? ×

MARK BASS

Nate

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='23831' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:58 PM']My blacks do not stock that bag. Bugger. Found a nice one in Debenhams of all places, but £50, so we will see...need to ponder it.[/quote]

Can you not order the Blacks one online?
Heres the link
[url="http://www.blacks.co.uk/blacks.storefront/product/100283.aspx?searchbreadcrumbs=messenger"]Blacks[/url]

£50 is quite expensive IMO. PC world has a few nice well padded laptop bags for around £30-£40. The only thing that put me off them was the lack of a proper handle on the top.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='23882' date='Jun 27 2007, 08:58 AM']Can you not order the Blacks one online?
Heres the link
[url="http://www.blacks.co.uk/blacks.storefront/product/100283.aspx?searchbreadcrumbs=messenger"]Blacks[/url]

£50 is quite expensive IMO. PC world has a few nice well padded laptop bags for around £30-£40. The only thing that put me off them was the lack of a proper handle on the top.[/quote]

Surely eBay is the place for a secondhand laptop bag? I got a new Dell lappy recently, and it came with a bag which I don't want to use. I looked at selling it on the bay, but it wasn't worth doing, as they only fetch a tenner or so. So I'll be using that bag for bunging my LM250 in instead

[quote name='RichardH' post='23895' date='Jun 27 2007, 09:35 AM']Surely eBay is the place for a secondhand laptop bag? I got a new Dell lappy recently, and it came with a bag which I don't want to use. I looked at selling it on the bay, but it wasn't worth doing, as they only fetch a tenner or so. So I'll be using that bag for bunging my LM250 in instead[/quote]

Ebay is covered with new laptop bags for about £6 delivered (thats £1 for the bag, £5 for the P+P)
That's what I have so far but a Maplins foam lined aluminium case is looking like a better option for protection, assuming it's big enough.
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36796&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=FLIGHT&doy=27m6"]Maplins case £15[/url]

[quote name='RichardH' post='23895' date='Jun 27 2007, 09:35 AM']Surely eBay is the place for a secondhand laptop bag? I got a new Dell lappy recently, and it came with a bag which I don't want to use. I looked at selling it on the bay, but it wasn't worth doing, as they only fetch a tenner or so. So I'll be using that bag for bunging my LM250 in instead[/quote]

I think you are right cost wise but i looked around for a week or so and looked at maybe 10-15 different bags to find one i liked (and then didn't after using it once).
I wasn't exactly sure what i wanted but i had to actually look and try them before i got one. A lot fo the cheaper laptop bags dont have a padded bottom.
The one i got had this really thick rubber strip in in which would proted the amp when i put the bag down. Its just things like that that i needed to see first.

Here's an unusual one I think.

I use an AutoGlym case which originally contained car wax, wheel cleaners, car shampoo etc.

A LMII fits exactly in the cases main section. (And I mean exactly !!) A full set of cables plus spares fit easily in the side pocket.

The whole thing is very compact and light and offers good protection. They can be bought from Halfords but I'm not sure of the cost because I got it as a present.

Frank

[url="http://www.wengerna.com/browse/product.jsp?prod_id=8238&cat_id=14&cat_name=Wenger%20Gear&sub_cat_id=63"]Bought this one[/url]

It has a good section for tools, spares etc, a padded section foy my wireless, and sections for leads, DI box, ipod, my microtrack etc.

Very well made, a great shoulder strap, should last for years. My LMII goes in its own bag anyway.

Well pleased with it

C

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='12319' date='Jun 5 2007, 09:31 AM']Dave,

when I had the LMII, I used this - only £10 from BQ and the bubble wrap was free. Twas a perfect fit and had enough room for two cab leads.

[/quote]

I bough Maplins case but the foam won't leave space for cables so took it back and got the B&Q one and some bubble wrap like Homer. Much better. They are now £16.

Oh and first proper gig with the Mark Bass LMK + Schroeder 1212L last night. Stunning sound. Even my band noticed ..

One surprise difference between this and my Peavy gear is that when it got a bit loud at the end it didn't mash up the bass sound and hurt my ears. I could hear it all clearly so it was a lot less physically demanding.
My ears feel better this morning too.
It's a hit with me ..
OG

[quote name='OldGit' post='25595' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:27 PM']Oh and first proper gig with the Mark Bass LMK + Schroeder 1212L last night. Stunning sound. Even my band noticed ..

One surprise difference between this and my Peavy gear is that when it got a bit loud at the end it didn't mash up the bass sound and hurt my ears. I could hear it all clearly so it was a lot less physically demanding.
My ears feel better this morning too.
It's a hit with me ..
OG[/quote]

Yes, I also used Peavy gear for 15 years or so and didn't know what I was missing. It's reliable gear though - never once let me down.

The Schroeder 1212L is everything I need and more. My band also notice a huge difference in my sound. Best bit of all is how easy it is to hear yourself.

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' post='25602' date='Jul 1 2007, 03:02 PM']Yes, I also used Peavy gear for 15 years or so and didn't know what I was missing. It's reliable gear though - never once let me down.

The Schroeder 1212L is everything I need and more. My band also notice a huge difference in my sound. Best bit of all is how easy it is to hear yourself.

Frank[/quote]

Yeah I've used Peavy off and on for 20 years the bass combos seem pretty bullet proof (no joke inplied there, Frank)
Hearing myself so clearly is a tad worrying as I can't fluff as much as I used to :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='25632' date='Jul 1 2007, 04:13 PM']I really dont like the camera/tool case type boxes.
I find the soft ones like rucksacks or laptop bags are easier to carry as you dont need a hand to do it.
Just my thoughts on it.[/quote]

Doesn't your drummer roadie for you ? :)
I just worry about the mashing an amp would get in a soft bag if a drunk falls over your gear as you are packing up or if someone runs over it ..
I'd also be scared a knob or two would get broken off..

The maplins ones have carry straps...

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='25763' date='Jul 1 2007, 09:33 PM']Doesn't your drummer roadie for you ? :huh:
I just worry about the mashing an amp would get in a soft bag if a drunk falls over your gear as you are packing up or if someone runs over it ..
I'd also be scared a knob or two would get broken off..

The maplins ones have carry straps...[/quote]

He only transports the gear, he wont carry it for me at gigs :)
At the moment im using my MB bag for the SA450 as its got the velcro on the flap to stop the head moving around on the cab.
With my LMII i have started to take it home with me rather than leave it with my other drummer so having something that hangs down, close to my body still leaving my hands free works for me.
I under stand your concerns about the drunks but my priority is transporting it with my suit bag, bass and sometimes camera bag. All on the tube.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='25769' date='Jul 1 2007, 09:39 PM']I under stand your concerns about the drunks but my priority is transporting it with my suit bag, bass and sometimes camera bag. All on the tube.[/quote]

On the tube? Ah I see ...

My LMII fits SO snugly in my all sides padded laptop bag You'd have to hit it very sharply & firmly with a hammer type thing for it to get a knob off!!! As for drunks & getting run over- I generally carry it over my shoulder & don't leave it anywhere 4 this to happen. Would be more likely for it to either happen while being used OR ME doimg it meself! :-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='25807' date='Jul 1 2007, 10:47 PM']Yeah, although i get a lift to and from gigs it always involves me getting to my pick up and sometimes a night bus home.
Bloody lazy drummers.[/quote]

Yeah ... ours only carries the drums, the Pa and the lights .. Makes me bring my bass gear myself! Selfish, I call it

Hey Dave maybe it's time for one of these