Why become a member? ×

Which Wah?

lemoley

It sounds like you'd be best off with a multi-FX which you can programme as you so wish. The Roland V-Bass is a particularly righteous choice.

With analogue pedals tap-dancing and large pedalboards are a requirement if you want as much versatility and control as a multi-FX. The upside is that you can be very choosy about your tone, the downside is the cost and weight.

I've owned a couple of dozen pedals over the years - the only ones with any problems were an analogue Big Muff (fixed for free, been fine since) and two digital Akai Deep Impacts, the first I won, the second a backup I bought when the first started being eccentric which then went bad itself (both sold as faulty as I couldn't tolerate the cost of fixing them).

Alex

I think you need to do a bit of looking up on the difference between analogue and digital signal handling, which is what I think you're referring too, but getting confused with general electronics.

All electronics are essentially analogue, digital refers to how the electrical signal is shaped and processed. And for your information, microchips contain most of all the components that can be located on a circuit board.

/Mini lesson over

From what I can gather, you want a fully reliable pedal that won't wear out (meaning you'll be wanting an optical wah solution rather than a pot) and you also want digial effects processing rather than analogue, as they can do more.

I'm sure people here can recommend pedals based on the above critera.

I do suspect however you'll probably end up with a wah and an extra pedal or two.

All said above is very true. I'd look for an akai vari wah. They go for £50ish on ebay I think. Try one out! Otherwise, you could probably get someone to make an optical cry baby for you. That would last longer obviously, but wouldn't have multiple patches that you can save and switch between.

[quote name='Higgie' post='61476' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:22 AM']I wouldn't recommend Behringer in a thread where the OP wants something reliable :)[/quote]

Or that works in the first place :huh:

To the OP, the EBS wah one covers most of your requirements [url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/wahone.htm"]http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/wahone.htm[/url]

I didn't like the Morley pedal at all.

• 4 weeks later...