Why become a member? ×

Plug in baby

16Again

This has probably been on here before but does anyone know what effect is used for the bassline of the Muse song Plug in baby? The cover band i've just joined is wanting to do it, can i get those effects through a bass floor pod? i've never really used effects before but bought a floor pod!

Anyone??

Well... I use these to get the effect (playing the song up in the in the high D position):

- Boss OC-3 (set to one full octave down)
- Nano Bass Balls (envelope filter)
- Some fuzz

Someone may well come and correct me but an envelope filter of some kind should do the trick. I have no idea if you can emulate the sound using a floor pod so I can't help you there.

[quote name='16Again' post='56819' date='Sep 7 2007, 08:23 AM']magic, cheers guys. :)

i'll just have to work out how to save settings on my bass floor pod, i know it's good all those effects mentioned, so here's hoping![/quote]

My band plays this - as per the posts above, you need to combine some sort of fuzz with an octave effect. Boosting the treble will help cut through. I can get a reasonable approximation from my Zoom B2 and I would have thought you can get close with the effects on you pod.

Its a fantastic song to do live by the way.