Why become a member? ×

*edit*

dlloyd

I think you'll find that they [i]should[/i] all fit each other. The basis for that answer lies in the fact that manufacturers who supply replacement necks don't seem to make specific ones for MIA, MIM, CIJ, CII etc.
The only "oddity" I can forsee is with some models (The Marcus Miller springs to mind) that use 3-bolt neck fixings.

Needless to say that all the pick-ups are interchangeable!

From experience, replacement bridges seem to fit all the models, bearing in mind the distinction between 5 screw top-loaders and 3 screw thru-body strung items.
I put a BadAss II on a Squier 70's VM Jazz with no problems.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='5004' date='May 23 2007, 10:19 AM']That all seems logical. Thanks :)[/quote]

All I can think of initially is that the tuners and the holes won't be the same, but if your replacement neck comes with tuners then this isn't an issue.

It might be hit and miss. I bought a Squire P Bass body and a replacement scratch guard from separate sellers on the 'bay and the scratch guard holes don't really line up. Only about half are near the original holes. I then proceeded to mount a replacement neck (again from the 'bay) onto said body and ended up having to shave the end of the neck so it fit more tightly. They where all "Fender" parts but none really fit together. :)

+1 on the neck issue. I had two MIM Jazzes, a 1996 Fretted and a 2001 Fretless. The necks were definately NOT interchangeable. When I got the Status Fretless replacement neck it fitted fine (initially tight so a little sanding was req) in the 2001 but seemed only to be able to enter at an angle in the 1996.

Also +1 on the scratch plates. Last change I made on the 1996 Jazz with a 'Genuine Fender Part' - only 2/3 of the holes lined up and it needed lots of reaming out around the neck pup and the neck socket to get the damn thing to fit.

[quote name='martthebass' post='10097' date='May 31 2007, 02:14 PM']+1 on the neck issue. I had two MIM Jazzes, a 1996 Fretted and a 2001 Fretless. The necks were definately NOT interchangeable. When I got the Status Fretless replacement neck it fitted fine (initially tight so a little sanding was req) in the 2001 but seemed only to be able to enter at an angle in the 1996.

Also +1 on the scratch plates. Last change I made on the 1996 Jazz with a 'Genuine Fender Part' - only 2/3 of the holes lined up and it needed lots of reaming out around the neck pup and the neck socket to get the damn thing to fit.[/quote]

I've also had scratchplate issues, I bought a replacement for my MIM Jazz. About 60% of the holes lined up, the rest I had to "re-tap" (*cough*) ... I also had to add an eleventh screw for the hole in the centre, which the original did not have.

Russ.