Why become a member? ×

Tokai Rockinsbetter 4003 copy

OutToPlayJazz

Yes, I tried one a few months ago and I'd agree that they are well built instrunebts.

My thought at the time was that Tokai seem to have pushed their prices up in recent years. This is right across the range of guitars and basses.

I suppose it's market forces. Remember when Toyota started selling cars in UK and they were cheap?

Frank

Ohh no its ok to own one , its ok to play one if you cannot get hold of the real thing, but all hell and the demons of the rickenbacker legal department Will decend on you with furious anger and vengence should you attempt to sell it on evilbay..
Just say no..

lol

Saw them on the Bass Centre site a while ago and posted..Basiclly they were slagged of coz of price, Do you think they are worth the money?

I'm tempted (what's new) promised my daughter a Bass guitar (she's borrowing my Crafter Acoustic) if she get's through the first term of Bass guitar lessons ;-) (they were only going to do those things with 6 strings until I complained) and she has seen (well she thinks it's pink) a Fiesta red "no name" jazz bass on the Bass Centre website which I said I would get her (any feed back on those??)

Edited by Darcy

[quote name='RussFM' post='59084' date='Sep 12 2007, 07:51 AM']They're £200 cheaper at Coda Music than the Bass Centre. I'm very tempted!

[url="http://www.coda-music.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=27_128"]http://www.coda-music.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=27_128[/url][/quote]

£200.00 cheaper :huh: Oh dear :) Stevenage here I come!!!!

Allegedly, the Rockinbetter basses have now ceased production! Mr Hall was not best pleased!

My mate built his own Ricky tribute bass many years ago - called it `the KnackerCrusher'.

If you can find one, they are very well made but the pickup housings tend to `rock' about a bit. Soundswise they are pretty close!

Many thanks!

Nick (newbie!)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='60217' date='Sep 14 2007, 01:19 AM']Allegedly, the Rockinbetter basses have now ceased production! Mr Hall was not best pleased!

My mate built his own Ricky tribute bass many years ago - called it `the KnackerCrusher'.

If you can find one, they are very well made but the pickup housings tend to `rock' about a bit. Soundswise they are pretty close!

Many thanks!

Nick (newbie!)[/quote]

Hi all, am just bumping this thread up a little - I am interested in hearing more about those Tokai Rockinbetter types - anyone???

Z