Why become a member? ×

PedalTrain 2

umcoo

I'm needing a pedalboard very soon as my collection of pedals is growing nicely! I'm pretty set on the Pedaltrain 2 with HC, but the cheapest I've found them here is around £170. Would I be better off importing one from the states or will I get 'done' on the import tax and whathavesya?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Bit of a bump here, but im also after a pedaltrain (this time the PT-Pro) and the cheapest I can see in the uk is £190 with the softcase and £250 with the hard case :/

I know guitareffectspedals sells to the uk, but their postage cost is about £85 which when coupled with the £150 price and the threat of import duty kind of rules it out.

If anyone has any alternative, or knows of any cheaper sites let me know :)

Cheers

Dave

[url="http://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/music/index.asp?groupID=2400"]Spider Engineering / Flightcase Warehouse[/url]

These guys sell em, but I just bought one of the Spider ones from them, £55 for a sturdy medium sized pedalboard flightcase inc next day delivery!

[quote name='Toasted' post='134833' date='Feb 6 2008, 08:54 AM']If you're getting a new pedal train make sure you get one of the very new ones with the Voodoo Labs mounts underneath.[/quote]
I use a Burkey Flatliner for my pedal power, so those Voodoo Labs mounts would be a bit too small unfortunately :)
[quote name='sk8' post='134830' date='Feb 6 2008, 08:41 AM']does it have to be a pedaltrain?[/quote]
I'm looking for something around 800mm wide by 400mm deep x 100mm high - which the pedaltrain seems to have covered perfectly, but in reality any board around that size will do - and the cheaper the better.

The problem with Diago stuff is you have to route the cables around the pedals this gets messy and takes up space I mean I can fit a rediculous amount of pedals on a PT JR the slat system is the best way to go so I'd also recommend looking at the T-Rex stuff unless you need a particular hardwearing flightcase they use the same ones as the original PT One which always worried me but they are cheaper than pedaltrain.

Hope this helps