Why become a member? ×

Advice plse re valve OD effects

neilb

As you know I run a Superfly into two 2x10 cabs. The sound for me is fine but it lacks warmth and growl sometimes. (To be expected I suppose as its a Class D SS amp).

So......

I would like to get a valvey slightly overdriven sound and I obviously cant get it with the normal pre sets/EQ on the amp.

Im thinking of a DHA Purist Bass overdrive pedal to add to my set up.

Would that give me what Im after? Im a bit of a simpleton when it comes to effects, I have avoided them in the past.

Any comments from users of DHA stuff (or from Dave himself!!!!) would be welcomed.

[quote name='neilb' post='58376' date='Sep 10 2007, 06:45 PM']As you know I run a Superfly into two 2x10 cabs. The sound for me is fine but it lacks warmth and growl sometimes. (To be expected I suppose as its a Class D SS amp).

So......

I would like to get a valvey slightly overdriven sound and I obviously cant get it with the normal pre sets/EQ on the amp.

Im thinking of a DHA Purist Bass overdrive pedal to add to my set up.

Would that give me what Im after? Im a bit of a simpleton when it comes to effects, I have avoided them in the past.

Any comments from users of DHA stuff (or from Dave himself!!!!) would be welcomed.[/quote]

The Purst is really just a valve pre-amp and I think it will do a good job for you. But I would say that! So please get comments from DHA users.

Dave