Why become a member? ×

Marcus coming to London.....

woodster

[quote name='MB1' post='58683' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:16 PM']MB1. :)

Any news on a return to Manchester? Or maybe its too Sunny for Mr Miller in Mancunia! Just Joking!..............Or am I?.[/quote]

Looks like just London this time, I'll be there, upstairs with the posh people.... :huh:

MB1. :)

Ah yes the posh people daaaaaaarn Saaaaaaaaaaaarf!.Last time he came to Manchester(last time i saw him was 23rd june 2001).When he was here he didnt get to play the Academy one and was moved to Academy two(more compact and bijou,good sound,much more personal).Think he might have seen his bum with this,so to set the record straight,this was an amaazing top notch gig! SURELY BY NOW, IT MUST BE MILLERTIME AGAIN!.

MB1. :)

Bit before Millertime that one, i know he plays jazz festivals, and chances are you might see him playing in a few bands as he is a prolific studio session bassist as well as a solo artist.Id definately like to see Marcus and his band play wembley somehow i doubt it!

[quote name='woodster' post='58577' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:05 AM']Grammy award winning bassist Marcus Miller has just announced 2 gigs at London's Jazz Cafe,

Monday 5th and Tusday 6th November 2007

Don't miss it[/quote]

Bugger me! I'm in london on the monday for a meeting. Wonder if I can swing a night's accomodation.

Edited by jacko

I'm there- but bloody hell £5 booking fee [u]and[/u] £2 postage [u]per[/u] ticket!
Makes a £27 ticket a bit pricier.
I saw Prince at the Dome for about the same.
I love it that he isn't doing a weekend slot again this year. Makes it impossible for most musicians to get down to see him as we will all be earning our pittance elsewhere.
It'll still be a 6hr round trip but I can remember him starting up with Higher Ground last year and almost shitting my pants with the volume and clarity of the bass.
Not the kind of sound for anyone lacking in confidence- which he clearly isn't!