Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne Market

vendettabass

hey guys,
Was thinking about selling my Aerodyne Jazz (no pickguard) and was wondering how much they go for 2nd hand at the moment. Its in decent condish, a few scratches to the back. It has Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounder replacements and Schaller straplocks, and comes in a Gator case.

Just interested in how much a bass like this would fetch.

cheers for looking :huh:

PS. I was at Bassworld for like 2 years :) not loving this newbie status lol

Edited by vendettabass

[quote name='Earbrass' post='58804' date='Sep 11 2007, 05:00 PM']I sold mine a few months back on ebay, with gigbag: it fetched about £415, which was only bout £25 less than I paid new (also on ebay)

E[/quote]

awesome, was yours in mint condish?.

£400 would be perfect :) I'll get some photos made up
thanks for all the help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

Jumping in on this thread... can anyone give me their feelings/experiences with the Aerodyne Jazz??

I have it on my list of things to get sometime (after amp upgrade.. or maybe some sorta fretless first) but I'd love to hear from real users. I must admit to being attratcted to the dark side and all that lovely shiny blackness and smoked chrome.. yum!

Anyhoo, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Marky

I had one for a while, it was my dream bass at one time, so when I saw one on Ebay for £325 I nabbed it. It was a slightly dinged-up example but it still looked the mutt's nuts. It never really looked as good whilst being worn as I was expecting, though, and the one I had buzzed quite a bit. In the end I bought an Ibanez GSR200 as a backup for it, and liked it so much I bought a GS500 as well and sold the Aerodyne on Ebay for what I paid for it-I put a BIN on it and it was snapped up overnight. Nice bass, I think I'd have liked it better without the cream binding. Sounded fine although I don't recall being blown away by it. The GS500 is gone as well now in favour of my P-bass, which I like a hell of a lot more than I did the Aerodyne. Some of the other Aerodynes are really nice-I saw a blue flame-effect Aerodyne P-bass in my local shop which was stunning, as nice as any boutique bass I've ever seen. Some of the so-called Japan only ones with pickguards are really nice too.

[quote name='Marky L' post='69160' date='Oct 3 2007, 05:09 PM']Hi all.

Jumping in on this thread... can anyone give me their feelings/experiences with the Aerodyne Jazz??

I have it on my list of things to get sometime (after amp upgrade.. or maybe some sorta fretless first) but I'd love to hear from real users. I must admit to being attratcted to the dark side and all that lovely shiny blackness and smoked chrome.. yum!

Anyhoo, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Marky[/quote]
I px'ed mine for a Warwick $$ 6 months ago.It had a great neck but the uncontoured body was agony!I'm glad to see the back of it!

Try one.

One thing to mention, I think they've got more of a severe neck radius on the fingerboard than standard jazz's, don't quote me on that though, I know it's quite rounded when compared to my VMJ (which is almost flat).

It's lovely to play though, and the glossed back of the neck is fine and doens't become a chore to move around on.

I do like mine, but the P-bass pup over powers the J and makes dialing in sounds much more of a pain in the arse, alot of people upgrade them for better pups.

However, they do a nice p-bass sound with a bark out of the box.