Why become a member? ×

Some material to get underneath a pedal to raise it?

1976fenderhead

Hello, there are a couple of pedals I want to have higher in my board due to problems with the jacks being too low. I'd need something like say a piece of wood 15mm thick cut to certain dimensions that I would velcro to the board and then velcro the pedal to it. Wood would be the obvious option, but do you have any suggestions of any other material I can buy at Wickes or B&Q or a place like that and easily cut to measure?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='58796' date='Sep 11 2007, 04:50 PM']How much do you need to raise them by? Maybe you could just put a double layer of velcro down. Otherwise, wood has to be the way to go I think. You need a material that you can cut at home, that you can get thick enough, and that you can glue velcro to. Wood![/quote]

I think 15mm thick is what I need...

I had a nightmare with mine. I have a flightcase warehouse board and i needed to lift the whole thing to get the jack plugs in and out. I did think about lifting the two pedals on each end, but in the end i thought it simpler to put another board at the bottom of my case and put the pedalboard on top.

I then had the problem of attaching my crybaby to the board because the feet/screws got in they way. I knew a fella who had access to a CNC lathe at work and he manufactured a 1/4" plate to match the base of the crybaby with countersunk holes for the screws. It's heavy but it works. Alternatively, you could try Stompin Ground online who do make some plates for the bottom of pedals, but they are US based. I don't know if they do custom stuff either. I'd like something to go under a headrush.