Why become a member? ×

Hey Guys... long time no talk!

overwater#1

Long time no talk, or should I say chat!!
What happened to BassTalk?? Im confused, and have been waiting for my user name to become useable on here, but I assume I just had to re-register..which is why I am here now!
What equipment do I have.... Overwater Progress Custom 6, Westfield P bass in Blue!, Marshall B25 Mk II combo, 70's Trace Elliot GP11 1x15 combo, Trace Elliot AH400SMX + 1048 + 1153 stack!! Schools double bass..Balliol? '06 Yamaha YBL613H Bass Trombone, '80 Holton TR180 Bass Trombone, '81 Bach Stradivarius 42B Tenor Trombone, Custom 1925 Boosey and Co. Alto in D. And many other instruments which don't belong to me... yet :)

I want to build basses... 10 years time, you will all be wanting to buy MJD Bass Guitars :huh:

Great to meet yas all again!!!

Best Wishes,

Matt Denney

Hi Matt

Great to see another Overwater player on here - and one who also play bass trombone - that make two of us :) ...

My main bass in a Overwater Progress III custom fretless 5, also have a Bach Stradivarius Bass Trombone, although it doesn't get much of a look in these days, most of my playing is on bass guitar, but still do the odd show on trombone (maybe once/twice a year if I'm lucky, just about keep my hand in).

I currently contemplating another bass - fretted 5 this time, not sure I can run to another Overwater, but you never know :huh:

Glad you made it, and play the Goodwin charts too...

Cheers

John

[quote name='jwbassman' post='4600' date='May 22 2007, 07:19 PM']Hi Matt

Great to see another Overwater player on here - and one who also play bass trombone - that make two of us :huh: ...

My main bass in a Overwater Progress III custom fretless 5, also have a Bach Stradivarius Bass Trombone, although it doesn't get much of a look in these days, most of my playing is on bass guitar, but still do the odd show on trombone (maybe once/twice a year if I'm lucky, just about keep my hand in).

I currently contemplating another bass - fretted 5 this time, not sure I can run to another Overwater, but you never know :huh:

Glad you made it, and play the Goodwin charts too...

Cheers

John[/quote]

Go on man, get another Overwater!! :huh: The Perception basses are great for the money!! Very very light too! I do love Chris' fretless basses though, and I really want one as a second bass!!
Play the bass trombone too, dare I say it..it is the best instrument around!! I love the bass trombone soo much! Awesome sound! If you ever wanna sell the Bach... :huh: The Yammy is awesome though! I went through a phase of wanting to get a custom instrument built, and tried a few Shires basses, but really, the Yamaha is nearly as good as the Shires, really is a great instrument!!! Superb slide, very responsive, great blow! I play with many big bands around, and Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band, or any others if I get the chance..Freckleton! So much deppin' recently, and many shows too! Fantastic!! Been asked to do orchestral, but time doesn't allow unfortunately! Ready to do my grade 8 now, should have done it last year but with me doing GCSEs I haven't had the time, and need to get my theory done...my teacher at school keeps forgetting to enter me into the exam. Ever heard Eugene Bozza's New Orleans!? Thats the stuff!! :huh: Il send it you if you haven't. Still, I have only been playing, what, 4, for and a bit years... progressed bloody quickly lol! Playing at a semi-pro level really now! Woo!
Btw man, if you know of anyone selling a King 2B/3B for very cheap money, or any other pro small/medium bore bone, let me know!! I need to get one, lots of demand for me playing lead in big bands now too.... I keep having to borrow a 2B off my teacher, though he wont sell it for sentimental reasons. Lovely old HN White one it is too!!

[quote name='G.S.T.Ring' post='5316' date='May 23 2007, 07:19 PM']Hi Matt!

welshmountingsheep and homer were parading round the neighbourhood in nothing but their G strings! :)

Needless to say... we had to move before we were all shipped to Siberia as punishment :wacko:

great to see you back btw, what've you been up to?[/quote]

I have missed a lot then eh? Damn :huh: haha!
Been up to..erm, well, school work I guess :huh: GCSEs in full swing! Just been playing with Lancs Youth Jazz on bass guitar, and doing endless bass trombone playing! No free time what so ever! Joining National Youth Brass Band this year too hopefully, and may be playing with National Youth Jazz too, will see... Going to 6th form this year though, music and music tech. Can't wait!!! Its going to be awesome! Then I have an excuse to do as much playing in the evenings as possible, and all I do is study music all day!! Heaven!!!!

Cheers all!
Best Wishes,
Matt

Edited by overwater#1

Welcome back. Can I just say that its a pleasure to read a post from someone who so clearly loves their instrument and playing music. I know that we all do (or we wouldn't be here) but its just refereshing to see such undiluted enthusiasm.

Hi Matt

We sometimes need a trombone deps at the bigband, and it's always good to have a bass dep to call on - let me know if you're interested and next time we're short and I'll give you a call.

Where abouts do you live? we rehearse in Ormskirk, but play our regular gigs at the Beaufort Hotel on the A59 and in Southport at the Royal Clifton... check out the [url="http://www.swingshiftbigband.co.uk"]band website[/url] for a few more details, also have a look at this if you get chance...[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=314"]recording post[/url]

PM me if you fancy it...

Cheers

John