Why become a member? ×

Who's the most difficult musician to find?

Pbassred

For me, finding a keyboardist has been outright most difficult, they usually are so versatile and independent and can always keep themselves busy. There are loads of drummers out there but finding a good one who can hit things with feel has been even more difficult than finding a keyboardist.

I think it very much depends on what sort of music you're playing a what you want out of your fellow musicians.

In my last band (playing high-tech dance-flavoured pop-rock) the drummer left because he couldn't get on with the singer. The guitarist decided to call it a day too since he thought it was unlikely that we would find a good enough replacement (with electronic drums and could play to a click track). It turned out we got a new drummer within a month who was even better (both as a musician and as a person). However it took us almost a year to find a suitable replacement guitarist, after countless rehearsals with idiots who seemed to unable to learn the simple guitar parts from decent recordings of the songs. By this time I'd learnt how to play all the guitar parts well enough for the band so we advertised for a bassist and found a great one straight away.

To be honest good quality,driven and committed musicians are hard to find full stop.

I know a fair few of the above,but they usually have some total b1tch or B@rstard of a partner that just DEMANDS they never leave the house....

"Why are you going out with them,when you SHOULD be with me..."

Im not making the above up.

Drummers for the aforementioned reasons...

Good Rhythm Guitarists - where are they - in my experience they all want to play lead...

The guitarist I do most stuff with these days is a self confessed lead player - he also happens to be the best rhythm player I know, but would sooner play lead... ego's :)

[quote name='jwbassman' post='60196' date='Sep 14 2007, 12:25 AM']Good Rhythm Guitarists - where are they - in my experience they all want to play lead...[/quote]

I've never made the differentiation between lead and rhythm when it comes to guitar playing - a good rounded guitarist should just be able to play whatever guitar parts are required for the song. I hate that, "Do you play lead guitar or rhythm guitar?" question that people ask. Where exactly do you draw the line?

Anyway, I couldn't agree more, good all-rounder non-egotistical, team-playing guitarists are thin on the ground and non-existant round where I live.