Why become a member? ×

MANCUNIAN BASS/GUITAR LUTHIER...ON THE MOVE!

MB1

MB1. :)

ADEY.....Long time Manchester Luthier to the stars, and annoying gits like myself is on the move. Adey is now moving from Sound Control on Oxford Road Manchester,where he has served the public for many years from the days of A1 music / The academy of sound/ Sound Control.
ADEY......will now be moving to...MUSIC GROUND.. OXFORD RD..MANCHESTER.(across from the BBC)
and will be joining Napper/Darryll and the lads.
I for one wish him well.
Many Thanks!
Martin.

Just been in Music Ground, chatting to them. Turns out Adey was offered a job at MG, then went to his employers at SC, told them what he'd been offered and asked what they'd offer him by way of competition. They turned round and told him to sling his hook.

Not the way to run a business, summarily sacking people who've been around doing good work for 17 years...

I'm sure remember Adey from the mid 80s when you used to go into A1 from the corner entrance on Oxford Rd. You'd have to step over the amps to get to the stairs. They used to have loads of old Squier Strats in a glass case that could only be used with permission. I've seen all the changes A1/SC has gone through over 20-25 years. Some of the staff are just plain obnoxious which is why Sounds Great in Heald Green now gets my business.

[quote name='ednaplate' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:15 PM' post='61242']
I'm sure remember Adey from the mid 80s when you used to go into A1 from the corner entrance on Oxford Rd. You'd have to step over the amps to get to the stairs. They used to have loads of old Squier Strats in a glass case that could only be used with permission. I've seen all the changes A1/SC has gone through over 20-25 years. Some of the staff are just plain obnoxious which is why Sounds Great in Heald Green now gets my business.

Too much Car Theft and Gun Crime in Heald Green for my liking????

[quote name='ednaplate' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:15 PM' post='61242']

YEAH! anyway!...... ADEY the Guitar /Bass Tech/Luthier has moved to MUSICGROUND / OXFORD RD MANCHESTER.He no longer has anything to do with sound control whatsoever.I have all my gear set up with ADEY and can Highly Recommend him.So if your looking for a set up ADEYS YER MAN!(30+YEARS EXPERIENCE)...........Check him out!!!!!

[quote name='Machines' date='Sep 19 2007, 01:12 PM' post='62661']
Aah man that sucks - I hated Jonny Roadhouse and the SoundControl - sounds like it would have been decent.

AH!..... The things that change the minute you move to solihull!