Why become a member? ×

Stone Roses - Made of Stone

craig222

I'm still very much at the start of my bass learning. I'd like to learn "made of stone" by the stone roses... but any tabs I've seen are pretty basic. Has anyone tabbed it out fully or can you guide me into playing a fuller / more rounded version.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section!)

Thank you

Craig

[quote name='craig222' post='576252' date='Aug 21 2009, 12:09 AM']I'm still very much at the start of my bass learning. I'd like to learn "made of stone" by the stone roses... but any tabs I've seen are pretty basic. Has anyone tabbed it out fully or can you guide me into playing a fuller / more rounded version.

Thank you

Craig[/quote]

[size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]I think I put this in the wrong section, can it be moved please?[/font][/size]

:)

[quote name='craig222' post='576252' date='Aug 21 2009, 12:09 AM']I'm still very much at the start of my bass learning. I'd like to learn "made of stone" by the stone roses... but any tabs I've seen are pretty basic. Has anyone tabbed it out fully or can you guide me into playing a fuller / more rounded version.

Thank you

Craig[/quote]

I've not got it tabbed anywhere, but Made of Stone is one of my all time favourite tracks - fantastic choice of song to learn!

Yeah I found one tab for it, but it's pretty basic... and sounds like there's summat missing? But I haven't got my ears well enough tuned into bass or know your tricks well enough to suss out what I'm missing. (I'm sure there's some effects going on there as well... maybe a little wah?)

Edited by craig222

[quote name='craig222' post='577859' date='Aug 22 2009, 09:08 PM']Yeah I found one tab for it, but it's pretty basic... and sounds like there's summat missing? But I haven't got my ears well enough tuned into bass or know your tricks well enough to suss out what I'm missing. (I'm sure there's some effects going on there as well... maybe a little wah?)[/quote]

I don't think there's any wah. It sounds like a fairly typical Mani bass tone, slightly overdriven crunchy tone, which fills out the sound.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='585805' date='Aug 31 2009, 03:27 PM']I have it for Guitar Pro - which I've exported to .PDF.

If you PM me your e-mail address I'll send it over. No guarantees it's any better or worse than what you've got already, but it does look like a nice line.[/quote]

Ta very much... on it's way to you!