Why become a member? ×

Chuck Rainey

Rich

Anyone else spot the advert in this month's BP mag? Chuck's love affair with Phil Jones' daleks seems to have been somewhat fleeting... he's proudly endorsing Genz Benz gear now. :huh:

[size=1]I wonder if this topic will prompt a scathing "you're just a nobody" attack from PJB..? :)[/size]

[quote name='Rich' post='61667' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:32 PM']Anyone else spot the advert in this month's BP mag? Chuck's love affair with Phil Jones' daleks seems to have been somewhat fleeting... he's proudly endorsing Genz Benz gear now. :huh:

[size=1]I wonder if this topic will prompt a scathing "you're just a nobody" attack from PJB..? :)[/size][/quote]

Take the endorsements when they're offered! :huh:
I hope to be checking out the Genz Benz stuff myself very shortly. GREAT reviews coming in...
Good to see Chuck's back playing his Spector as well... and that's his 'choice', rather than an endorsement... :huh:

Edited by cetera

[quote name='Rich' post='61667' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:32 PM'][size=1]I wonder if this topic will prompt a scathing "you're just a nobody" attack from PJB..? :)[/size][/quote]

lol.. I don't think anyone from bassworld will forget that posting, a legend in the sport of foot shooting!! lol

[quote name='ped' post='62647' date='Sep 19 2007, 12:57 PM']Mike, is that you at the Bass Center?[/quote]

Sure is. Chuck had time for everybody. Legend! I think I should leave it to someone else to explain the PJB thing - don't want to get it wrong!

Ah, corporate whores! It's difficult to know who to trust with endorsements, look at Nathan East - doesn't play live or record without his NE-1, then he's espousing the virtues of the Aphex line, then he's on to the Phil Jones Bass Buddy as the best bit of kit ever.
Does Tony Levin play his signature model OLP? If it's not good enough for him it's not good enough for me.

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='ped' post='62701' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:38 PM']what happened, in a nutshell - I think I missed it.[/quote]

Debates over the merits of the small speakers in the PJB stuff and the sound produced by them and the EQ......PJB responded to certain questions regarding possible critisms about his products. Rudely.

Think of the way Mr Ball does on the EBMM forums, just with a more masterful stroke of in person rather than having mods/fanboys do it for him.

Pretty much earned a boycott of his products from BW members for his attitude, considering how it was a constructive thread.*

*If I recall correctly that is.

Edited by Buzz

Yeah, that was basically it. In fairness, I also had a very sensible polite PM from him explaining the reasons behind some of my misgivings with the PJB gear at the Chuck Rainey clinic in Exeter. Speak as you find, etc - despite some of his less diplomatic outbursts, he was fine with me.

Cheers,
Alun