Why become a member? ×

David Gilmour- Remember that night

Old Horse Murphy

A bit of an up and down weekend really. Spent the weekend in the Lake District, where I managed to dislocate 3 fingers (don't ask).

So, sitting here feeling sorry for myself this morning, when the post arrives and in it is my new David Gilmour DVD. There was a thread here a few weeks back about his Royal Albert Hall concert.

If you've not got the DVD, then do so immediately- it's breathtaking.

My hand doesn't hurt anymore, but my Stingray is looking sorrowfully at me from the corner of the room

[quote name='misrule' post='61789' date='Sep 17 2007, 05:29 PM']But I must -- what happened? :)

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Went away on a "team building" weekend with work. We were on a bridge building exercise and one of the girls decided she was going to walk backwards off the edge of the gorge. I managed to grab her in time but as she slipped it pulled my fingers out of their sockets. Sounds more dramtic than it was, but I'm pretty miffed. Luckily no gigs for 2 weeks though

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='61794' date='Sep 17 2007, 05:38 PM']Went away on a "team building" weekend with work. We were on a bridge building exercise and one of the girls decided she was going to walk backwards off the edge of the gorge. I managed to grab her in time but as she slipped it pulled my fingers out of their sockets. Sounds more dramtic than it was, but I'm pretty miffed. Luckily no gigs for 2 weeks though[/quote]
So you saved a girl from falling into a gorge? Well done, mate. That's hero material.

Sorry to hear about your injuries.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by misrule

[quote name='misrule' post='61799' date='Sep 17 2007, 05:42 PM']So you saved a girl from falling into a gorge? Well done, mate. That's hero material.

Sorry to hear about your injuries.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

It was about 30ft up and I think all that would have happened was she would've got wet!!

[quote name='MB1' post='63109' date='Sep 20 2007, 02:31 PM']MB1. :)

OI! Old Horse snap out of it!....your Blingray look sorrowful?.........I Doooooooooont Beeeeeeeeeelieeeeeeeeeeve it!. :huh:[/quote]

Leave my Spandau Ballet Special out of it!! The offer still stands mate. Your's to borrow whenever you want....