Why become a member? ×

Where can I get? a 70s (75?) RI CIJ jazz

john_the_bass

[quote name='OldGit' post='63687' date='Sep 21 2007, 04:22 PM']I've found another Japanese store selling bass internationally. The Bacchus cheapo I was looking at is cheaper new from them than Ishibashi's used one ... so I'll ask him for prices on the ones you guys are talking about and report back.
OG[/quote]

And the man said

PB70-78US OWH RW       US$614
JB75-100US VWH MA      US$787 
JB62-58SBL            US$456
JB62 -76 3CS      US$ 598        
JB75 -100US NAT  US$ 787

All plus 16000 yen shipping (about 70 quid) plus the normal UK import tax, VAT etc ..

Is that better than Ishibashi? I can't find the new stuff on the Ishibashi site...

Email here is you want to deal with him:
hisashi Guitar [email protected]

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='64277' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:16 AM']Si that post is from 14th Feb!!

It's Gaf - who posts on here as gafbass02 or something like that. Good spot though!![/quote]

Yeah I spotted the date but it's a slow forum from what I could see, it doesn't say he's sold it so if he still has it the price might be better :)

Edited by OldGit

Back on track with this topic...
This may be a better link to their (ishibashi's) jap fender stuff (though it does say at the top of the page that these are for domestic (ie Japanese) sales only) [url="http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ishibashi.co.jp%2Fwebshop%2Fguitar%2Findex.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2"]basses[/url]
scroll down a little and click 'fender japan' under the 'domestic brand' header
....but I have (yet) another question. The basses seem to be offered in 2 shades of white, OWB & VWH. I presumed OWB would be olympic white, and VWH would be vintage white. However, in the little pictures they use to display each finish, VWH looks 'whiter' than the OWB.

Is this correct? I always presumed that olympic white was pure white, and that the vintage white was a kind of 'fagburst' creamy colour.

Can anyone clear this colour business up, or the domestic sales only bit?

Edited by Hit&Run

[quote name='OldGit' post='63903' date='Sep 22 2007, 01:27 AM']And the man said

PB70-78US OWH RW       US$614
JB75-100US VWH MA      US$787 
JB62-58SBL            US$456
JB62 -76 3CS      US$ 598        
JB75 -100US NAT  US$ 787

All plus 16000 yen shipping (about 70 quid) plus the normal UK import tax, VAT etc ..

Is that better than Ishibashi? I can't find the new stuff on the Ishibashi site...

Email here is you want to deal with him:
hisashi Guitar [email protected][/quote]

Unfortunately, even with $2 to £1 this still works out at more than Ishibashi.....

Nice 'find' though!

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='64553' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:12 PM']....but I have (yet) another question. The basses seem to be offered in 2 shades of white, OWB & VWH. I presumed OWB would be olympic white, and VWH would be vintage white. However, in the little pictures they use to display each finish, VWH looks 'whiter' than the OWB.

Is this correct? I always presumed that olympic white was pure white, and that the vintage white was a kind of 'fagburst' creamy colour.[/quote]

This confused the hell out of me too.....

There seem to be four colours of 'white'..... OWH (Olympic White), OWB (Olympic White Blonde), VWH (Vintage White Blonde) and USB (US Blonde)

OWB and USB are yellower I believe.... Without seeing four basses lined up side by side of the four different colours it's really hard to see the subtle differences...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bald Eagle

I'm sorted now got a really nice second hand 3TSB RWN MIA one for similar money, if i'm honest I do prefer MIA ones anyway and theres seems to be a glut of CIJ's knockin about these days.

[quote name='Farrokh' post='74596' date='Oct 15 2007, 02:28 PM']Just got my Jb75us/fc in vwh last week. It's really good, kicks MIM's but.[/quote]
Is the VWH 'whiter' than the OWH then?
I'm still curious as to which I'm gonna choose.

Also (to anyone out there), is there still talk of a bulk shipment from ishibashi going on?

Edited by Hit&Run

Great thread.
As per my thread about whats a good P-bass to get im pretty much sold on getting a 70's Re issue CIJ in white now.
I must also confess to finding the Ishibashi site confusing.
Can anyone tell me roughly how long the deliver time is from them to the UK.

Cheers.

that ishibashi website is a nightmare isn't it!! some funny engrish on there mind you:

'Affordable item that sets goods in main body of guitar'

'Best used guitar & amplifier selected carefully is improved all at once'

'It is affordable goods before it rises'

[url="http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail.php?imagename=hang.jpg&category=Engrish%20from%20Other%20Countries&date=2007-09-20"]engrish.com[/url]

peace

c

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='77263' date='Oct 21 2007, 12:35 PM']Is the VWH 'whiter' than the OWH then?
I'm still curious as to which I'm gonna choose.

Also (to anyone out there), is there still talk of a bulk shipment from ishibashi going on?[/quote]

If I can raise the cash, then yeah I would still be up for it - although if I start buying basses this close to Christmas, there could be trouble

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='77761' date='Oct 22 2007, 04:11 PM']If I can raise the cash, then yeah I would still be up for it - although if I start buying basses this close to Christmas, there could be trouble[/quote]

Ill be up for that as well although im one of these people who have to have it right now so might not be able to wait.