Why become a member? ×

John Martyn and Danny Thompson

Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='62253' date='Sep 18 2007, 06:07 PM']Saw him at The Roundhouse earlier this year - a shadow of his former self, but still turned in a beautiful rendition of [i]May You Never[/i].[/quote]

Saw him too at Shepherd's Bush Empire. He was so p*ssed nobody could understand him for the first half of the show. A real shame but I wouldn't miss him for the world.

I saw him at the B'ham Symphony Hall earlier this year with Alan Thomson on bass, pretty good gig really although Mr. Martyn himself was largely incoherent! Alan Thomson was playing a very interesting Bass at various points; a kinda semi acoustic fretless with holes in the front [i]and[/i] back?!? at certain points you could see right though it, I'd be interested to know what it was, if anyone here knows?...... v. ugly headstock if I recall correctly, uber-sexy apart from that though!

There was a thread about this on the previous incarnation of Basschat. The bass Alan was playing is a [url="http://www.gougi.com/fr/index.html"]Gougi[/url]. I saw John & co on the Solid Air tour in Cambridge - 2nd row, right at Alan Thomson's feet. Superb gig.

Edited by RichardH