Why become a member? ×

Multi-guitar/bass stands

Old Horse Murphy

I usually take 2 basses with me when I gig and sometimes a guitar too and instead of taking 2 or 3 separate stands with me, I'm thinking about buying a multiple set up.

The 2 I've seen are the Hercules stand for 3 instruments or one of the Warwick Rockbass stands that holds 5 or so instruments.

Has anyone got any experience with these or have any other recommendations?

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

For bass gigs I use the Hercules dual grabbing hanging stand and for guitar gigs I use the Warwick fold up frame 5way stand.
(unless it's a tiny stage, then I use the baby fold up herc stands).

The Hercules grab hanging stand is superb but I sometimes wish it took up less space, the Warwick one seems to feel more compact.
Both do the job but the Hercules feels more secure so unless space is an issue I'd get the hercules.

Cheers
John

There was a thread where one of the Hercules twin stands collapsed damaging a bass.
I can't remember who posted it and it doesn't appear in the results if you search for Hercules, might have been on BW. Anyway, I use two of the Hercules single stands and think they're great.

Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' post='62387' date='Sep 18 2007, 10:26 PM']There was a thread where one of the Hercules twin stands collapsed damaging a bass.
I can't remember who posted it and it doesn't appear in the results if you search for Hercules, might have been on BW. Anyway, I use two of the Hercules single stands and think they're great.

Pete.[/quote]
That was Tinman. He responded in the other thread.