Why become a member? ×

Something a little different

dirtystatic

Ok, so here's a little background info first. I've always played the same 4 string, it's custom built - bubingah w/ maple neck (you can see it on my profile photo). But with this new band I'm in, I found it just didn't deliver enough teeth rattling low end to surfice. So.. I resurrected my old Epiphone T-bird until I can find a suitable replacement. The bass has a lovely neck which is a hell of a lot slimmer and faster than my custom bass. I managed to pick up some Gibson stock pups to replaces the Epiphone stock pups (got them at a good price) and I also moved the strap button to stop the dreaded neck-dive.

There are alot of local bands whos bassists use the very same bass so I wanted to make mine look a little different. Got this material from work - it's basically heat sensitive, its a bit whacky and a bit daft and I'll be suprised if there's anyone els who likes it - but I thought I'd share it with you anyway! :)

I think it'd look tonnes better as a finish on an all black bass/guitar..

[attachment=2371:DSCF0917.JPG]
[attachment=2372:DSCF0918.JPG]
[attachment=2373:DSCF0920.JPG]
[attachment=2374:DSCF0918.JPG]

All I need to do is cover up that stonking chip on the lower horn and redo the pup-surrounds - I did them free hand and they didn't turn out too good!

Cheers guys!

That is a very cool idea you have there!
Don,t mess about! get onto ebay selling heat reactive pickguards and become the next e millionaire!
If you have a ric 4003 pickguard shaped peice of that stuff floating around let me know!!.

Edited by wizbat

DS....

Cool idea with the heat sensitive stuff, I remember heat color change tee shirts in the 80s.. WTF happened to them I loved 'em!

Anyhoo.... do you just have GAS? or can you not get new pups put in your custom jobbie? SD 1/4lbers should make your bands trousers flap nad if thats not enough ooomph.... get some custom made by our pet pup winders!

If you have a connection with the old girl, just give her a pepping up that allows her to kick 'ass!

IMHO of course!
:)