Why become a member? ×

Line6 teams up with Bogner

ped

[url="http://line6.com/spidervalve/photogallery.html"]http://line6.com/spidervalve/photogallery.html[/url]

This looks like a promising direction for Line6. Being highly impressed with the XT Pro, and also being a fan of tube amplifiers I hope they make a bass type. I run my XT Pro through my Trace valve amp anyway and it acts as a swiss army knife - an essential link in the chain. It would be interesting to see Line6 recreate my bass setup in one amplifier! Heres hoping!!

ped

Me too! I think it might be a possibility - certainly the compressor on the XT Pro is the best I have used so if they stick with that - brill. I have asked on the Line6 forum about a bass version, so fingers crossed. My fave guitarist Walter Becker uses Bogner amplifiers too which is nice. I am not aware of a bass amp made by Bogner however so maybe it will be more difficult sorting out a bass version. A solid state amp would also be very interesting though - the tube emulations on the XT Pro are good enough to be a foundation of a serious piece of kit!

I was tempted for a while to buy two Lowdown 300 combos and use them together as a versatile stage rig (each combo could be EQ'd differently, etc). But I'm a 10" speaker guy at the end of the day, and I really just want them to come out with a Lowdown head and some cabs to go with it.

I hadn't heard anything about it until now!! I have done some searching about - it looks like a winner, though from a quick glance the main benefit apart from new housing seems to be the ability to have several amps/fx at once, something which wouldn't interest me anyway. Won't stop me checking one out though!

[quote name='ped' post='63972' date='Sep 22 2007, 11:12 AM']It looks like the unit will be non instrument specific, so the X3 will have all the guitar and bass models inside. Great fun.[/quote]

Uh oh......this isn't going to be good for my bank balance! Having it all the guitar and bass stuff rolled into one unit would be perfect for me.

• 2 weeks later...