Why become a member? ×

envelope filter/funk machine

Kev

One of these!!

I have also replaced my FX with the Pod XT. [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Line6%20Bass%20Pod%20XT%20Pro%20samples/stink%20synth%20Rendered.mp3"]Here[/url] is a lil sample of a squelchy synth filter I made up. I use it quite a lot!

[url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/FX25.mp3"]Here is the FX25![/url]

[quote name='cheddatom' post='64644' date='Sep 24 2007, 10:31 AM']I like the bass balls, but, not really for funky sounds, more for making strange noises and stuff.

I quite like the boss AW-3 with a bit of OD after it.[/quote]
Yeah at rehersal last night I had my envelope filter on, and accidentally had my overdrive on too - sounded phat

EDIT: i use a really really subtle overdrive, just to make the sound a litle more brittle

Edited by gilmour

ye im definatly not a fan of the bassballs, plus i can get a very similar sound to it out of the deep impact anyways.

does anyone know any good music shops in bristol that stock plenty of effects, soundcontrol is sh*te

[quote name='gilmour' post='64678' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:10 PM']Yeah at rehersal last night I had my envelope filter on, and accidentally had my overdrive on too - sounded phat

EDIT: i use a really really subtle overdrive, just to make the sound a litle more brittle[/quote]

A nice subtle ovderdrive will make pretty much anything sound "phat". Although it's not appropriate for certain mellow parts, I generally have some subtle OD on all the time.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='64728' date='Sep 24 2007, 01:00 PM']A nice subtle ovderdrive will make pretty much anything sound "phat". Although it's not appropriate for certain mellow parts, I generally have some subtle OD on all the time.[/quote]
:)
Yeah I hear that. I's pretty unusual for me to have any effects, I mostly play soul, but am working in a hip hop band at the moment and saw it as a good oportunity to try out some more aggresive and experimental stuff. The OD is now in my gig bag for regular use!