Why become a member? ×

Music shops in loughborough

metalmaniac

Ash - you've got Just Music in Loughborough which is a sort of hapless disorganised mess of (not terribly high end) instruments, effects and other bits and bobs, but the fellas that run it are quite helpful and they have a reasonable stock of sticks and strings and picks and things like that. I work in Loughborough so I go in if I'm desperate for something and can't wait to order it online.

Other than that, Leicester "boasts" a sound control and a couple of independents - Sheehan's up by the train station is alright and Intasound on the Narborough road is a bit like Just Music really. PMT in Birmingham is good or there's a few more in Nottingham and Derby.

The Shed in Leicester puts on metal and punk gigs, the Pendant Club in Loughborough is where my band has played most regularly but tends to put on more Indie and rock. I think the Three Nuns in Loughborough puts on the odd rock gig too. There's probably more but I've no idea where.
There's a new rehearsal studio in Loughborough to but it doesn't look too great and I think there's facilities up at the uni. If you go to Leicester, the two I'd choose are RPM (best value for money - good kit, good people and good prices) and Quad (best kit by miles but pricey).
I don't go out in Loughborough in the evenings so I can't offer any advice on that.
Hope that helps.

we supported the young knives up at the uni shortly after the shooting incident. I remember something in the press that described it as a "Rap event" as if to draw a line under the whole thing. The security was so tight and the door times all arsed up that we had to go on as people were trying to get through security. Still it's a good venue and they're putting some good bands on now. Thursday nights is gig night I think.